What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I'm with a few others on the fake debate
If you have a a genuine piece then getting a replica for those nights out on the town or whatever is perfectly fine.

Personally I still don't see the point, just wear the real one :confused: I wear mine no matter what I'm doing but then I'm not precious about my things, objects are to be used so I use them.

Caporegime
you could always get insurance... I mean if a good, realistic replica exists then its likely a fairly common mass produced watch - Rolex, Omega etc... just insure the thing and if the worst happens you can pick up a brand new identical one anyway.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
i have found it around 60 times, don't believe it got any more stiffer to wind, just the normal resistance. Should there be a strong resistance ?

I will see how long it last's now..

Sorry missed this. When winding it take note of the noise being made because once it's fully wound you won't feel much extra resistance but you will hear more clicks which indicates the mainspring is fully wound. You can't really over-wind it as the mechanism will not allow that to happen and it will just click through which are the extra clicks you will hear once it's there.

I just wound mine up to check again, needed around 50 turns I think, lost count as I got distracted by something else.

Permabanned
I don't like wearing watches, but I have the following
Omega Seamaster 300m
Omega Speedmaster Professional

I just keep them for when I need to wear a suit or a tuxedo.
I don't wear them because the metal links get too hot; I am thinking of selling them and buying a white face Panerai on a brown strap, hopefully if I choose the right material it will keep relatively cool on my skin?

Soldato
Omega Seamaster 300m

I don't wear them because the metal links get too hot; I am thinking of selling them and buying a white face Panerai on a brown strap, hopefully if I choose the right material it will keep relatively cool on my skin?

eh? I have an SMP and wear it all the time, even in a sauna and steam room 5 times a week. Never gets too hot

Caporegime
Omega Seamaster 300m

I just keep them for when I need to wear a suit or a tuxedo.

Could be a warning that you are about to spontaneously combust, if thats the case just send me your watches and ill give them a good home:D

Permabanned
Ok to put it better, I get hot and the watch gets tight, if I put another link in then it swings around my wrist when I am cold.

Back
Top Bottom