What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
Now I would totally get it if someone pays 6 figures+ for one of his original pieces.

eh?

not so long ago you were arguing against spending 10k?

I even gave an example of fairly unique hand made watches at that price range....

I reckon in a few years we can re-visit this thread and we'll find you splashing out on all sorts of watches :)

Associate
This is the article with a short clip I was looking for from only a couple of days ago. The protege / apprentice was Roger W Smith whose website is here. It would be absolutely amazing to commission a one-off piece. Incredible!

Soldato
Ho.Ly. Cow! Jesus, taken a back slightly by that haha

For some reason I feel the urge to create such a G shock collection (I currently have none).

d6fa17f8272111e3b79d22000a9e5e12_8.jpg

They're fun, though unsure when I'd wear them. Probably skiing a lot.

Man of Honour
This is the kind of person you would need.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24141997

There's an article about his protégé somewhere but I can't find it.

I have a signed copy of George Daniels book that he gave to me only a few months before he died. He was good friends with my godfather who knew I was into (extremely rudimentary by comparison) watchmaking. The book was out of print and he gave me one of his own copies. Very much a treasured possession for me.

Man of Honour
Ho.Ly. Cow! Jesus, taken a back slightly by that haha

For some reason I feel the urge to create such a G shock collection (I currently have none).

d6fa17f8272111e3b79d22000a9e5e12_8.jpg

They're fun, though unsure when I'd wear them. Probably skiing a lot.

riseman would be good for skiing as has altitude (having said that I have a sunto with altitude I bought for snowboarding and never use)

Soldato
I have a signed copy of George Daniels book that he gave to me only a few months before he died. He was good friends with my godfather who knew I was into (extremely rudimentary by comparison) watchmaking. The book was out of print and he gave me one of his own copies. Very much a treasured possession for me.

Awesome, what a great gift from the man himself.

Associate
I'm in Egypt on holiday at the moment and was very tempted to buy a fake omega last night as it looked very good. Not sure I can bring myself to buy a fake though

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'm with a few others on the fake debate
If you have a a genuine piece then getting a replica for those nights out on the town or whatever is perfectly fine.

nam

nam

Soldato
i have found it around 60 times, don't believe it got any more stiffer to wind, just the normal resistance. Should there be a strong resistance ?

I will see how long it last's now..

Aye remember to unscrew it and it naturally pops out into hand wind mode.

Back
Top Bottom