What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Ok to put it better, I get hot and the watch gets tight, if I put another link in then it swings around my wrist when I am cold.

Mine was like this. Put half a link in

Its amazing how much your wrists swell/shrink when hot/cold. I can go from my watch imprinting on my wrist sometimes (if I sleep wearing it) to almost being able to rotate it right around my wrist

It would be good if the dive extension size could be changed or something similar on seamasters

Permabanned
I will try that then :)

My father has a Rolex Submariner of some kind, it has the Glide system and yeah it is pretty awesome.

Associate
Recommendations for a uk based online store for leather straps?

Looking for a nice dark tan strap possibly with stitching detail in a 22mm.

Cheers in advance.

Man of Honour
Personally I still don't see the point, just wear the real one :confused: I wear mine no matter what I'm doing but then I'm not precious about my things, objects are to be used so I use them.

I wear my SMP all the time. The enjoyment comes from wearing it. :) and not sitting in your bedroom stroking it. ;) Such a waste of money if it comes out once in a while and that's all you do with it. :p

People seem to forget that these watches are made to withstand pressure/shocks so worrying about damage shouldn't be of concern. That brings us down to value/loss and that can be dealt with by insurance.

So wear it and you never know, someone might actually notice it on your wrist and give you a complement. :D

Soldato
^ this. I wear mine all the time. The timer gets used everyday too - timing my swim, gym session, sauna, steam room, cooking and anything else i need to quickly time

It get knocked on weights, cupboards, swim lane barriers and rested on tables. Damage is minimal - a few light scratches on the wrist band

Soldato
All mine get worn daily, depending on mood which. I'm wearing the Seamaster today as it happens.

I missed out on this Nomos on Friday. I love the simplicity of them and annoyed I didn't wade in more, but I went to 450 on it, as I obviously wanted a good price. Wishing I'd gone more now.

Associate
Well, I've had the worst of weekends so need to do some shopping. I've been after a chronograph for a while and, since I can't find anything "sensible" that I like, am thinking either one of these

spw668.jpg

or one of the these

15hnzb6.jpg

Any thoughts?

Associate
I ended up staying at my brother's house last night - he has an extraordinary collection of watches.

He mentioned that he was mugged last week whilst on business in London. Whilst leaving his hotel, some chap approached him, asked for directions to somewhere or other then grabbed his watch (a gold Cartier) and ran off. Interestingly, plod appeared quickly and he was asked to accompany them as they drove round for half an hour trying to find the thief, sadly to no avail. The theft was exacerbated by the fact that that he had under-insured the watch - max payout will be £5000 :eek:.

Man of Honour
Well, I've had the worst of weekends so need to do some shopping. I've been after a chronograph for a while and, since I can't find anything "sensible" that I like, am thinking either one of these

Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

There is a another (newer) model of the Plant Ocean 600M where they have now got rid of that hour dial at the bottom:

[url]http://www.omegawatches.com/collection/seamaster/planet-ocean-600-m/co-axial-chronograph-455-mm/23230465101001[/url]

Which I think is nicer than the one you've posted. I've now got the orange version of the new one.

Associate
In a way he was very lucky in that the only damage to him is a sore wrist and financial pain! He had just walked out of Claridges of all places - and there's me thinking that Mayfair should be a safe place!

Style-wise, I think something a bit understated, simple (which really counts out the Omega) but still a chrono. As to budget - the 2 linked fit in nicely. This could be my last purchase for a while since I may well have some depressingly major financial pressures coming up!

Associate
Associate
Nice but not quite what I had in mind :D. Funnily enough though, plan B is to get a very plain "nice" watch, perhaps a PAM111, and supplement that with a Vostok Europe chrono, probably an N1 Rocket.

Back
Top Bottom