What watch do you wear?

Associate
My weekend watch - Breitling Superocean M2000

2013-06-01%2014.56.02.jpg

Caporegime
Speaking of classics, here is a question regarding a real one. :D

I have a watch very similar to this: http://i.ebayimg.com/t/1962s-OMEGA-...cz/$(KGrHqV,!ocFG6FoCPw8BR20czfG,Q~~60_57.JPG

The differences are that it isn't automatic and it doesn't have the cross across the face.
Everything else including styling, the hands, the way 'Geneve' is written in script and the markings are the same, but I can't find one exactly like it anywhere, only ones which are very similar.

All I can tell you is that it was given to my Great Grandfather in 1962. I believe it was new at the time, though I can't be sure. It originally had a gold strap with a gold Omega stamped clasp which unfortunately were stolen in the late 60's by a bent watchmaker.

I have seen many different styles of Omega watches with 'Geneve' on the face, so am I correct in saying that it is the name of the movement or perhaps where it was made etc. rather than the watch itself?

Does anybody know what the watch I have may be called? :)

Last edited:
Soldato
The model is the number in the picture title

GENEVE-14702-SC

The movement is also in the title

Cal-552

Type "Geneve" and the numbers on the back of the watch into google?

If you take the back off the case of the watch the details will be stamped inside of the lid / cover

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yes but...

The differences are that it isn't automatic and it doesn't have the cross across the face.
Everything else including styling, the hands, the way 'Geneve' is written in script and the markings are the same, but I can't find one exactly like it anywhere, only ones which are very similar.

All I can tell you is that it was given to my Great Grandfather in 1962. I believe it was new at the time, though I can't be sure. It originally had a gold strap with a gold Omega stamped clasp which unfortunately were stolen in the late 60's by a bent watchmaker.

:p

There are no numbers on the back of the watch. I would pop the cover off and have a look under it but I don't have the appropriate tool for the job and I don't want to damage/scratch anything.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes but...

:p

There are no numbers on the back of the watch. I would pop the cover off and have a look under it but I don't have the appropriate tool for the job and I don't want to damage/scratch anything.

That's where your answer lies. :D

omega_zpsfe3f1c99.jpg

Soldato
Or better still, take the back off and...

REFERENCE OR CASE NUMBER:

To find watches from 1946 to the present, please enter the number which is engraved on the inside of your watch's case back:

Without a space and without letters, for watch references with 3, 4 or 5 digits (for instance 738, 2444 or 14381)
Without a space and without letters but with a dot ( . ) after the first 3 digits, for references with 6 or 7 digits (for instance 145.022 or 396.1122)
With an additional zero or a wildcard (*) if you cannot find your watch, for references with 6 digits (for instance, if you cannot find 145.022 try 145.0022 or 145*22)

http://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-omegas/vintage-watches-database

Back
Top Bottom