What watch do you wear?

Soldato
there is just so many things wrong with this picture,

the basics lemonade bottle, the untidy papers on the floor, 4 gangs everywhere, cables everywhere, laptop on its side charging on floor waiting to be kicked, that IKEA lamp, then you hairy wrist but bald hand, with what looks like a ciggy burn,

then of course there is that over sized smart watch....... ;)
Hahahahahaha :D

Soldato
there is just so many things wrong with this picture,

the basics lemonade bottle, the untidy papers on the floor, 4 gangs everywhere, cables everywhere, laptop on its side charging on floor waiting to be kicked, that IKEA lamp, then you hairy wrist but bald hand, with what looks like a ciggy burn,

then of course there is that over sized smart watch....... ;)

XD student life and its an airsoft "wound"

Don
its just short of a grand (that's for the whole house, contents and valuables, £40k of unspecified watch cover, only have to specify if an individual one is over £15k

don't actually have many at the moment

Jaeger LeCoultre Extreme World Chronograph
Panerai 372
Omega Planet Ocean

That's it

missus has a Rolex and a diamond Gucci

Soldato
Very true :)

Being a student I don't have much disposable income, but if I did I would definitely be picky with what I owned. I'd probably have one for each situation I could possible be in, and that'd be it.

Soldato
Back to hacking again -- If I pull out winder does it stop the watch or disconnect the second hand - I am asking because I wondered if doing that to keep watch stopped till I next wear it, would it harm the watch- I do it with a few of my Quartz watches which I assume saves on battery.

Dave

Associate
Quick question on antique watches.

My dad received a few watches from his father,

Festina 17 Rubis 18k gold watch - automatic wind up
Odeon (unknown model)

Both have been serviced and are from around the 1960/70's, is there any websites I could ask for advice on what they are worth?

Soldato
Quick question on antique watches.

My dad received a few watches from his father,

Festina 17 Rubis 18k gold watch - automatic wind up
Odeon (unknown model)

Both have been serviced and are from around the 1960/70's, is there any websites I could ask for advice on what they are worth?
I'd have thought that either a watch shop, or a forum like tz-uk or thewatchforum

Soldato
So my Tag Carerra has just come back from repair, fixing the issue where the date would change at 5am and not at midnight.

Unfortunately, it has come back with a new issue now where the chronograph minute hand does not reset back to 0, it's a good 4 minutes off too. Can this be reset somehow? I'm at a friends all day to watch the rugby, so my manual is at home.

Needless to say I'm absolutely livid because if this has to go back for repair again, it will have been with Tag longer than I've physically been able to wear it. Have to say I'm not impressed with Tag! The thing doesn't even keep time that well, my Oris keeps better time and was 1/3rd of the cost!

Soldato
So my Tag Carerra has just come back from repair, fixing the issue where the date would change at 5am and not at midnight.

Unfortunately, it has come back with a new issue now where the chronograph minute hand does not reset back to 0, it's a good 4 minutes off too. Can this be reset somehow? I'm at a friends all day to watch the rugby, so my manual is at home.

Needless to say I'm absolutely livid because if this has to go back for repair again, it will have been with Tag longer than I've physically been able to wear it. Have to say I'm not impressed with Tag! The thing doesn't even keep time that well, my Oris keeps better time and was 1/3rd of the cost!

Pull the crown out fully and press the button that controls that particular hand, it should go round clockwise with each push and eventually reset.

Soldato
Pull the crown out fully and press the button that controls that particular hand, it should go round clockwise with each push and eventually reset.

Thanks buddy, I've read that's one of the methods but that combination doesn't do anything unfortunately. No movement at all. I've tried it with the crown half out and fully out.

I think I'm going to demand my money back and get something else. It's a shame because it's a beautiful watch but I don't trust that I won't have to be sending it back frequently if it's had two issues within 3 months of owning it.

Back
Top Bottom