What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Seiko "mini" Monster. Really like this one, it's massive! My previous daily was a very slimline Skagen, this is totally different

IMG_1848_zps1b241595.jpg

Is that the Newly released version (with Hackable/Windable movement) or the older one like my Orange "mini" Monster that does neither!?

TJEAkq7.jpg

Soldato
Anyone know where I can (if I can) get a strap adaptor for a G Shock G100? The strap is a bit too small so would like to put a NATO strap on there.
I believe that you have to get a tool for that, I can't remember what it was called, but I know that I asked on an earlier page, and Raymond answered me :p

Caporegime
Don't think I ever posted this but due to a few recommendations on here for Christopher Ward I picked this up a couple of years ago for my Wedding present from the Wife. Have to say the customer service was incredible. For some reason the model I wanted had disappeared on the website and I had left it until the very last minute. A questioned why it had disappeared all of a sudden on their forums.

Next thing one of the forum member had contacted one of the staff, explained my predicament and got one reserved for me. Customer services knew about the dilemma and got it delivered to me the very next day.

Anyway onto the watch, it's a C5 Galvanic Automatic (photo from wedding day) :

I had one of those but had to send it back as the strap clasp on it was atrocious, and was continually coming undone. :(

Glad I ended up with the Longines Hydroconquest now though. :D

Soldato
Soldato
That Moto 360 looks incredible.

I have a couple of concerns about battery life though, as unlike the Peeble this thing will burn through that small capacity rechargeable battery. It's just not feasible for it to always be on. Maybe with the use of a gyro it can be set to automatically come on when it detects a flick of the wrist.

It looks great and don't get me wrong, I want one! It will suck that you'll not going to be able to stare at it all day when you have a pretty looking dial (skin) applied.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Picked up a box from John Lewis today for my rather paltry collection. Quite happy for just £20.

AxRRwvS.jpg

Have eyes on a Tissot PRC200 to hopefully take up another space in there shortly.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The bracelet is a hundred times better than the leather strap version of the PRC200. More comfortable and looks much more expensive than the price suggests.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Having trouble settling over the strap for the PRC200 but think I'll go with the bracelet, as Robbie says it makes it look much more expensive than it is, plus I'm yet to own a watch with a metal bracelet. Will have to spend some time in a shop and try them both out, see what feels better on the wrist.

Gimp - As far as I know that was just the regular price! There was another watch/cufflink box that was ~£50 but wasn't quite to my taste, plus I only own one pair of cufflinks so would be a waste.

Soldato
Feeling a bit green with envy at moment.

Just watched Antiques Roadshow and woman on there has a unused Rolex 18c pendant watch ? from I think 1934 - Brand new with tags -in original box with bill and it did look nice. value approx 10k

Not quite in same league as two old Delph plates at 30-40k

Dave

Permabanned
Gimp - As far as I know that was just the regular price! There was another watch/cufflink box that was ~£50 but wasn't quite to my taste, plus I only own one pair of cufflinks so would be a waste.

I couldn't see it on the website, I'll drop in I think, thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom