What watch do you wear?

Associate
I'm wanting to build up my paltry collection and feel I need a moon phase watch. Can anyone recommend a nice moon phase for under £300?

Soldato
Just found a little problem with my 'mini' Orange Monster

TJEAkq7.jpg

As it's not got a 'Screw Down Crown' I looked at the watch this morning as I wanted too know the date, and noticed the watch said "Lun : 26" I then noticed the Crown was popped out to the first notch, so it was adjusting the date for me every time I moved my wrist/hand! :(

I must have knocked it out yesterday!! Gonna have to make sure it's pushed all the way in every day now!! :rolleyes:

Not a fault of the watch... but a fault of the numpty wearing it!! :D

Soldato
IMG_20140323_140418_zps260bc9ef.jpg

Not mine but tried it on yesterday. I did not expect to like it as I am not a fan of brown but I just fell in love with the thing. However its just too expensive for what it is. Its a super nice watch but no way is it a £50k watch. £30k yes maybe.

Soldato
Simian - I've never really been a fan of the smaller Seiko's, but your pictures are making me consider one...

It is Epic!!...

6fTCWZx.jpg

I didn't like the look of it at first before I bought it!, but as I kept going back to Creation Watches, looking at about 6 different watches! It grew on me!, Now I LOVE it!! :D :cool:

Just make sure you don't pop the crown out and change the date to French!! :D

Caporegime
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab283/nastytooth/IMG_20140323_140418_zps260bc9ef.jpg[/IMG

Not mine but tried it on yesterday. I did not expect to like it as I am not a fan of brown but I just fell in love with the thing. However its just too expensive for what it is. Its a super nice watch but no way is it a [U][I]£50k watch. £30k yes maybe.[/I][/U][/QUOTE]

Lol, if you can stretch that far, what's another £20k?

Buyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it !!!!! :D

Soldato
Lol, if you can stretch that far, what's another £20k?

Buyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it !!!!! :D

haha I can't stretch to £30k, was just saying that its ok at £30k but no way would ever consider it at £50k. I was not out to but a watch, I was just taking a look around at my local AD and he more or less forced me to try it on lol.

Caporegime
haha I can't stretch to £30k, was just saying that its ok at £30k but no way would ever consider it at £50k. I was not out to but a watch, I was just taking a look around at my local AD and he more or less forced me to try it on lol.

I had that when I was in Macy's in NYC. I walked past the Logines counter and the woman saw me eyeing up one of them and she insisted I try it on, I tried telling her I wasn't in a position to buy just browsing, didn't want to waste her time etc...she still insisted.

By the end of the ordeal, I knew which watch I wanted next, funnily enough :p

Soldato
Any about of money on a watch is a lot if you never went out looking for one! :p

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
It is Epic!!...

http://i.imgur.com/6fTCWZx.jpg[IMG]

I didn't like the look of it at first before I bought it!, but as I kept going back to Creation Watches, looking at about 6 different watches! It grew on me!, Now I LOVE it!! :D :cool:

Just make sure you don't pop the crown out and change the date to French!! :D[/QUOTE]

Any chance of a photo with it on your wrist? Struggling to find somewhere in the UK to try it out and see how it sits on the wrist, so want to be 100% before I import one lol. Normally I prefer much larger faces but there's just something about that Seiko....

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a trustworthy buyer?

I own this and have done for years, but just do not like it anymore -

d61f7b4e.jpg

I am thinking if selling it on and have stuck the details into a few websites and am getting quotes of anywhere between £250 & £400, but I do not know if they are trustworthy.

I kind of want something more modern looking and have been looking at this -

http://www.thewatchhut.co.uk/Tissot-T+Sport--Gents-Black-Rubber-Strap-Watch-T055.417.17.057.00.html

Am kind of hoping I can swop the Tag for one.

Soldato
Any chance of a photo with it on your wrist? Struggling to find somewhere in the UK to try it out and see how it sits on the wrist, so want to be 100% before I import one lol. Normally I prefer much larger faces but there's just something about that Seiko....

Be warned... I'm a Fat Bugger!!!... I have mahoosive arms!! :D

ahSLJ4A.jpg

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Be warned... I'm a Fat Bugger!!!... I have mahoosive arms!! :D

I'm the complete opposite with very skinny wrists!!! Many thanks :D

Dammit this thread could get expensive for me :D Will have to see how I sit come pay day, think I may have to justify it as something to scratch the itch before buying the Tissot....

Soldato
Exactly what I did!... I bought it for myself with some money I got for my 40th Birthday!...

I wanted a 'Tissot Racing Touch', but as I'd also bought an 18-250mm lens for my dSLR I didn't have enough!

Still saving!! :D

Back
Top Bottom