What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
I've had this since 2009 and I'm still loving it every day. MkI Planet Ocean 42mm (in need of a clean). Still not a single discernible scratch on the face; plenty on the strap though!

RWbCKPA.jpg

I'm glad I went for the boring combination, and the bracelet option.

However I'm now looking for a sensible way to get a black leather strap with white stitching that looks OEM, just for a bit of occasional variety. I'd want to be able to do it myself.

I've been semi-looking into the MkII PO, but cannot justify the price for the in-house movement and sapphire case back.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hirsch do the best OEM looking range easily. They come at a price but you get what you pay for.

Sorry mrk but the royal oak is one of the most timeless watches ever designed. Every other brand has copied the octagonal bezel and visible screws (including the BR02 I'm wearing :p). This is the watch that Gerald Genta called his masterpiece.

A picture transforms everything. Having seen this picture it's pretty obvious it's classy and amazing. The pictures posted earlier made me think of those two as Fossils or something.

The brown strap one... Yeah that's the ticket, that's also the kind of photo that should be on product pages!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've had this since 2009 and I'm still loving it every day. MkI Planet Ocean 42mm (in need of a clean). Still not a single discernible scratch on the face; plenty on the strap though!

RWbCKPA.jpg

I'm glad I went for the boring combination, and the bracelet option.

However I'm now looking for a sensible way to get a black leather strap with white stitching that looks OEM, just for a bit of occasional variety. I'd want to be able to do it myself.

I've been semi-looking into the MkII PO, but cannot justify the price for the in-house movement and sapphire case back.

You could have banda straps make you one to your own spec, they are,extremely good. Cheaper than oem, easily as good as my jlc straps

Soldato
Soldato

dod

dod

Soldato
I'm going to buy something as a belated 50th to myself but having difficulty choosing, there are so many nice options. I've spent the last few weeks going into jewellers, doing some research and building a short list and today went to get photos of them on.

Any views on these? I realise there's a big variation in designs and prices although I didn't notice there was also a patttern in the designs I liked till I was going through the photos. The Oris is probably not going to happen, it wears slightly too big for my scrawny wrists. I also really like the blue face version of the Omega but couldn't get a picture of it today.

IMG_0063_zpsb197b04a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0062_zps45eabb90.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0067_zpscdb88dba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0061_zps1a3386bb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0060_zps63ce683e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0066_zps3f5b2336.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Man of Honour
Omega for me and it would be an easy choice. Navitimer second. I am not generally a breitling fan but it was one of a couple of their designs which really is iconic

Back
Top Bottom