What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Having worn my Speedmaster daily for the last 5 months, winding it every morning before I put it on is now second nature.

The display back, although nice to look at a couple of times is a bit of a waste of time. The watch should be on your wrist!

The watch has 48 hours power reserve, so you don't have to wind it everyday. I wind mine when I'm I bored, thinking and waiting for something.

The crystal back is nice, but when do you ever look at the back of the watch?

Soldato
The watch has 48 hours power reserve, so you don't have to wind it everyday. I wind mine when I'm I bored, thinking and waiting for something.

True, habit I guess. It never needs a full wind, just a top up.

Not sure how true it is, but I've heard it's better for a watch to always be at least half wound. Who knows.

Soldato
Are "spec me" threads allowed on here?

Friend is after a "watch for life" - something that he can pass down to his daughter etc. He wants a simple elegant watch, hates dive watches and chunky hands - so a simple case and elegant hands. Nothing blingy or chunky

Then trouble is that he wants it to stand up to a lot of abuse, he does a lot of kayaking and other things - so something that'll survive a bash and plenty of muddy water.

£1000-£2000 - any ideas?

Mid/unisex size Omega Planet Ocean ,Seamaster or even an Omega Aqua Terra.

Buy used from a reputable dealer

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Omega/Seamaster%20300m/212.30.36.20.01.002/22500/item/50006

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Omega/Aqua%20Terra%20150m%20Gents/231.10.42.21.02.001/12734/item/53226

Or a new one could be packed up quite easily as well
http://www.swisswatchesdirect.co.uk/watch/212.30.36.20.01.002_omega_mens_watches_seamaster_300_m_chronometer

Last edited:
Soldato
This today:
2620459c-b07a-42f4-ac25-ebcf2166a724_zpstriiwqef.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys, need some help if possible!

I have my heart set on a Tissot PRC 200 (T17158652).

Now this is the older model which i prefer over the one, however there doesn't seem to be any legit UK retailers currently selling this.

I came across a company called "StagStores" on eBay which look authentic but a quick Google and someone stated they bought this model from them and it was a fake.

So... any ideas where I could get this new and genuine or confirm that it's genuine?

Caporegime
Hi guys, need some help if possible!

I have my heart set on a Tissot PRC 200 (T17158652).

Now this is the older model which i prefer over the one, however there doesn't seem to be any legit UK retailers currently selling this.

I came across a company called "StagStores" on eBay which look authentic but a quick Google and someone stated they bought this model from them and it was a fake.

So... any ideas where I could get this new and genuine or confirm that it's genuine?

There's another seller on eBay with them but no recent feedback. You might be out of luck.

Soldato
I'd like opinions on the following watches. I really like the design of the Seamaster 300 but I'm not sure whether to go for the standard steel or titanium version.

The weight doesn't bother me but I'd like to know how both will hold up to day-to-day use. Is one harder wearing than the other? If the titanium wears better then I can justify the cost.

These are the two I'm looking at.

233.30.41.21.01.001.jpg
233.90.41.21.03.001.jpg

Associate
I'd like opinions on the following watches. I really like the design of the Seamaster 300 but I'm not sure whether to go for the standard steel or titanium version.

The weight doesn't bother me but I'd like to know how both will hold up to day-to-day use. Is one harder wearing than the other? If the titanium wears better then I can justify the cost.

These are the two I'm looking at.

233.30.41.21.01.001.jpg
233.90.41.21.03.001.jpg
ti is soft and scratches easily, the steel should wear better

Soldato
It's not more scratch resistant, it's less scratch resistant (again it depends on the type and how it's been treated). It's just a very expensive material to machine compared to steel (in general - different types of both will change this) and it's lighter and is perceived as more 'high tech' than steel.

It's a big price difference.

Soldato
I suppose the question is, later on down the line will you still be thinking about the titanium with blue dial if you go for the steel one now?

I'd go for whichever most takes you fancy and screw the price difference. It's not much extra to spend compared with later on regretting not getting the ti version and buying that at retail as well as the steel one!

Back
Top Bottom