What watch do you wear?

Didn't think of Omega :rolleyes:

I don't have any particular requirements. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any good experiences with companies other than Omega. I don't mind posting it.

Post it to omega?

Depends if its still in warrenty or how much having the card stamped and the watches history recorded matters to you i suppose!

If you dont care then i would imagine anyone would have a go at fixing it

webwatchmaker - his name is Brendan. He has done incredible work for me including very challenging restorations. He worked for JLC for a long while. I highly recommend him

Been rocking a Citizen for the last 10 years - it's a bit battered as I never take it off and use it to work on cars, go camping with it, mountain biking, canoeing etc so started looking at a change.

IMAG01581_zpsatkgiylu.jpg

Then this popped up on my Aliexpress feed and I liked the look of it and thought why not? it's only £30 to lose if it's a dud:-

IMAG01591_zpsnkpdha20.jpg

I actually like it quite a lot. It's a lot bigger than my Citizen though so it will take a bit to get used to.

Only trouble is, it's got me looking at all the other cheap Chinese watches out there! If anyone has any budget (<£50) brands to check out I'm all ears. I quite fancy a Casio AMW320 but I'm struggling to find one with a metal bracelet.

My wife's said she'll buy me a good watch to replace the Citizen (that was a present from her to me) if I graduate with a first so for now I'm not looking at an investment.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Citizen should be worn with pride, lots of battle scars on it :-)

I'm not sure what I'd suggest under 50, but I bought that Suhrling of Amazon and it looks pretty solid to me -- Quartz so flat-ish, and <70 quid. That Ali special looks pretty mean too -- does the chronometer work?
The other one I'm very happy with is a fake rolex from Aliexpress -- the bracelet is fantastic, and I can wear it while gardening.. it was around 60 quid shipped (EMS). That is if you want an alternate beater...

That Citizen should be worn with pride, lots of battle scars on it :-)

Yeah - I really like it - that's why I've not looked for another watch for so long.

I'm not sure what I'd suggest under 50, but I bought that Suhrling of Amazon and it looks pretty solid to me -- Quartz so flat-ish, and <70 quid.

Found a Casio AMW320 for £45 dleivered - resin strap but should be better suited to when I go biking. Oh-oh - that's two watches bought in two weeks - I know where this is going!

That Ali special looks pretty mean too -- does the chronometer work?

It does!

The other one I'm very happy with is a fake rolex from Aliexpress -- the bracelet is fantastic, and I can wear it while gardening.. it was around 60 quid shipped (EMS). That is if you want an alternate beater...

Yeah - I saw a Daytona fake on Aliexpress that I quite liked - I'd rather buy a watch based on it's own design rather than it being a replica though.

Yeah I took it to an Omega boutique and I still wasn't happy with it, not to mention the fact he caught the lugs when putting the bracelet back on so I kicked off with Omega customer services and they're going to put it right. Hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom