What watch do you wear?

What do people think of this?

gj-iwc-w-m0036-04.jpg

That looks fantastic tbh, I like the numbers :)

£91 :P but i did buy it whilst in america, where it was $165 and i bartered down to 150 as i was buying another watch for my gf too.

Ye I can get it off ebay for £100 delivered from america, not bad tbh. I might by this also:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/053-PARNIS-43...sWatches_GL&hash=item3a64aac131#ht_1253wt_905

I just really like it! Its 60 quid, and I know it's not a real tourbillon, but watching a youtube video I still like the movement, and I really like the look of the watch.

:) My post from a year ago.

A year and a bit later, has a few small scratches on the bit of metal between the strap and the faces as i tend to catch it on a lot, but otherwise has worn very very well. My swatch that i had before was in FAR worse condition by this point.

Any idea where i could get that watch from today?

Learn something new everyday :)

I can get a black one for £900 and I'm so tempted. It is 39mm and much smaller than the top gun I have so I could wear it as a proper dress watch.

39mm is the perfect case size - watches will trend up into the nonsense sizes we have had recently and down (as they seem to have started to) but 38-40mm always looks great. Never looks tiny or massive.

Sorry guys, should have been clearer.

Its from a friend that would sell it on to me at 'mates rates', it is about 6 months old and in pristine condition.

39mm is the perfect case size - watches will trend up into the nonsense sizes we have had recently and down (as they seem to have started to) but 38-40mm always looks great. Never looks tiny or massive.

depends on your build, in general 39mm is small by current standards, would look ridculous on me

£70 can get you a second hand Citizen Eco Drive or Seiko Kinetic Watch, Tissot, as well as second hand Rotary Watches (probably more than one of these), have a look on that auction web site for some inspiration.

I've had my Citizen Eco-Drive watch since 2004, hasn't needed any servicing at all as it uses a solar panel and electric cell to keep movement, doesn't seem to lose any time either.

That was an ebay purchase for £45 delivered.

Of course, looking at the other watch pictures might give you an idea of what you want or looking in the windows of local jewellers.

You may of course only want a brand new watch, so depending on what you want, there is plenty of choice out there, more if you save up a bit.

Kind regards,

David

depends on your build, in general 39mm is small by current standards, would look ridculous on me

it's small by current standards but I'm talking about hedging against the swings in fashion for watch sizes. That swings up and down, over-time peoples perception of what looks ridiculous also changes almost imperceptibly slowly and without them being aware of it. Huge 44-47mm watches will look passée soon if they don't already. the 38-40 mm range never looks tiny or huge

I'm certain the corner is turned and sizes will be coming back down over the next decade.

My Master Reveil is 39mm and that is right for a dress watch for me and I'm reasonably broad. Most of my watches are in the low 40s, couple of bigguns into the mid to high 40s. I've got a 34mm watch which I wear too.

Can anyone recommend me a brand that looks similar to IWC but isn't a replica? I'd like something with a nice movement that keeps good time.

I'm currently wearing a Vostok N1, which I really like but I managed to put a deep scratch into it within a few weeks of getting it :(.

Can anyone recommend me a brand that looks similar to IWC but isn't a replica? I'd like something with a nice movement that keeps good time.

I'm currently wearing a Vostok N1, which I really like but I managed to put a deep scratch into it within a few weeks of getting it :(.

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/men/view-all-1/c9-chr-sst.html

cheaper end Parnis do something that is a bit of a copy cat

Or do you mean something similar to the pilots watches shown above? if so, you are in luck there are loads. You could try a timefactors speedbird III lovely watch for something a bit different

Back
Top Bottom