What watch do you wear?

Rotty et al - any thoughts on Maurice Lacroix? Considering a Squelette in the near future, though might be a bit out of my price range, hoping Ill have a bit of haggle room though...

ps3ud0 :cool:

They are ok but strggling to find out what they are

The lower end quartz stuff is decent quality and priced ok, the hight end auto stuff can be nice but they are a bit out of theit depth against cometitors, look for good discounts as residuals can be week

Ta mate - I really need to do more research myself though not 100% sure where to begin. Did find out that the Squelette is actually a winder which kinda puts me off...

ps3ud0 :cool:

14j53tf.jpg

How the hell do you tell the time with that? Can hardly see the hands :(

I made this one just to have a play with the skeleton movement:

headonlight.jpg

Personally I'm not into the look of skeletons but it was perfectly easy to tell the time. I put a dial in that case now and have the skeleton movement to use in something else (prob make or buy a dial and then have it in a window from the back rather than a skeleton)

You're right actually. I have some hands like that (to go with a roman numeral dial) and they work on a white or cream dial but not like that.

Yea pretty sure I'm gonna get this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SKAGEN-TITANI...ristwatches&hash=item45fa10d743#ht_5484wt_905

Seems like a good seller. £165 quid on amazon :S this will come to 100 posted

for the first time in a long time, picked up something spontaneously today! normally research things to death!

Here's a few photos i took tonight of my new watch, a titanium Skagen with carbon fibre face and titanium mesh strap:

TWP_4689.jpg

TWP_4622.jpg

TWP_4695.jpg

TWP_4705.jpg

TWP_4700.jpg

TWP_4690.jpg

I tended to take my old watch off quite a lot if i was sat for prolonged periods due to it being quite heavy (swatch), and ended up losing it because of this!

This is REALLY light with it being titanium and carbon fibre, and feels very strong

Tom.

:) My post from a year ago.

A year and a bit later, has a few small scratches on the bit of metal between the strap and the faces as i tend to catch it on a lot, but otherwise has worn very very well. My swatch that i had before was in FAR worse condition by this point.

:) My post from a year ago.

A year and a bit later, has a few small scratches on the bit of metal between the strap and the faces as i tend to catch it on a lot, but otherwise has worn very very well. My swatch that i had before was in FAR worse condition by this point.

Yea your post was the one where i discovered it. Thats good to know it has worn pretty well, I do really like it! How much did you pay for it?

I love this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Orient-Concept-Automatic-Reserve-YFH02001B/dp/B001EWEQWG

But out of my price range! Any cheaper alternative?

Back
Top Bottom