What watch do you wear?

I wear it in my pocket:

iphone4_2up_front_side-420-90.jpg

the SS Daytona is a 5 grand watch tops and the Sub a 3.5 grand watch, Rolex are trying to play with the big boys on price without the quality to back it up ( They are still great watches but not at the prices they are asking ) Rolex are a great brand but they are not AP, PP, JLC, L&S etc and should keep their prices in line with their peers

Thats true. I still want a GMT Master IIc. Probably my favourite Rolex out of the current crop.

I got a Nice rotary about 3 weeks ago. Think I need to take it back to the place I bought it from. It seems to have some 'hazing' on the inside of the glass.

Its like, when you blow on a mirror that steam/effect you get, it has that on the inside of the glass. Most off. I know it is waterproof and all that but I have never worn it in a wet enviroment.

the SS Daytona is a 5 grand watch tops and the Sub a 3.5 grand watch, Rolex are trying to play with the big boys on price without the quality to back it up ( They are still great watches but not at the prices they are asking ) Rolex are a great brand but they are not AP, PP, JLC, L&S etc and should keep their prices in line with their peers

In defence of Rolex, they do use their own in-house movements in their watches, which in part justifies their price a little more. Plus they have massive spending to maintain their brand name which of course is figured into the price we pay.

..... compared to say Ebel, Chopard, Breitling, Omega, and many others who all plonk mass market, off the shelf ETA movements into their watches and flog them to us for thousands. Omega can be slightly let off for being part of the Swatch group who make the movements, but their prices have doubled in five years for a standard automatic Seamaster professional.

Even the top tier manufacturers you state, are making megabucks from their standard calibre based watches (non complications) by changing the case, strap or whatever ...... 15k for an AP ROO Safari? How much of that price went into making the watch eh ;)

In defence of Rolex, they do use their own in-house movements in their watches, which in part justifies their price a little more. Plus they have massive spending to maintain their brand name which of course is figured into the price we pay.

..... compared to say Ebel, Chopard, Breitling, Omega, and many others who all plonk mass market, off the shelf ETA movements into their watches and flog them to us for thousands. Omega can be slightly let off for being part of the Swatch group who make the movements, but their prices have doubled in five years for a standard automatic Seamaster professional.

Even the top tier manufacturers you state, are making megabucks from their standard calibre based watches (non complications) by changing the case, strap or whatever ...... 15k for an AP ROO Safari? How much of that price went into making the watch eh ;)

I would also give Omega decent credit for the Co-Axial movement, JLC seem to the folks going places in terms of prodcut line development over last few years

Finally got my Iwc top gun :)

Very pleased, although still not used to wearing a watch regularly. Is it wise to take it off for tennis? I usually do as the sweat makes it feel weird.

I would also give Omega decent credit for the Co-Axial movement, JLC seem to the folks going places in terms of prodcut line development over last few years

JLC are probably my favourite watchmaker at the moment. Plus they depreciate like a stone which makes them a great 2nd hand purchase.

Finally got my Iwc top gun :)

Very pleased, although still not used to wearing a watch regularly. Is it wise to take it off for tennis? I usually do as the sweat makes it feel weird.

Congrats, I like the top gun but the big top gun logo on the case back is too much.

Luckily you can't see it when you wear the watch.

Its the engraving on the side that is embarrassing, will be in-filled with black very soon.

Luckily you can't see it when you wear the watch.

Its the engraving on the side that is embarrassing, will be in-filled with black very soon.

Why didnt you buy the standard pilots chronograph?

If you are looking at reselling I strongly advise you to not make any cosmetic changes to it.

Yah I agree 100%, I am done with rolex now which is a shame as I do like the GMTc and milgauss but there is no way in hell I am paying the prices they go for now.

I remember I sold my turnOgraph for 2.8k not too many years ago, I think its over 5k new now :rolleyes:

I will keep the SS daytona for a few more years and then probably get my self a IWC.

None. I got a nice Diesel on for my 21st, but stopped wearing it after a few months. I just find they get in the way and catch on things, and can't be bothered with faffing to take them off when in the bedroom.

My phone is my time-teller now.

Mann I'm in a massive dilema right now. The missus says she would put £70 towards a watch for graduation , so I can either get one in that price range or use that towards something and use abit of my own money. I need to decide soon but I just can't find a watch I like!

I really liked this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/053-PARNIS-43...Watches_GL&hash=item3a64aac131#ht_1253wt_1110

But can't find any on ebay anymore. Anyone know of any similar styles!

OcUK watch experts help! :D

Back
Top Bottom