What watch do you wear?

you seen the RRP on these ? Rolex are taking the ****, for the 1st time ever it's easy to buy one at list or below, probably proved a great investment for you :)
Rolex have been taking the **** for the last few years. Their price rises are well over inflation levels. Daytonas can be bought as list now easily and if you buy a well priced 2nd hand one youre almost guaranteed to make some money on it if Rolex continue their price rises.

Got myself one of these bad bois on the way, $16 delivered:

2llfv5g.jpg

Yep, 5 alarms read it and weep :cool:

Last edited:
you seen the RRP on these ? Rolex are taking the ****, for the 1st time ever it's easy to buy one at list or below, probably proved a great investment for you :)

No, i haven't. It was a gift from someone very close hence my reluctance to wear it casually. I wore it on holiday in spain a few years back and dived in the pool when we first got there. Clothes wallet and all! When it dawned on me the watch may or may not be waterproof i about died. Luckily it is, but my stomach hit the floor at that moment!

No, i haven't. It was a gift from someone very close hence my reluctance to wear it casually. I wore it on holiday in spain a few years back and dived in the pool when we first got there. Clothes wallet and all! When it dawned on me the watch may or may not be waterproof i about died. Luckily it is, but my stomach hit the floor at that moment!

about £7.5k now, they were £3.6k about 6-8 yrs ago

Decided to get another one as my Breitling just isn't convienient to wear at work and for day to day use.

Got a G-Shock and was made up when I saw Bear Grylls wearing the same one :)

G shocks and Protreks are awesome. Ive had my Protrek for almost 2 years and its been everywhere with me, in some really rough environments too and its stood up to the test.

Rolex have been taking the **** for the last few years. Their price rises are well over inflation levels. Daytonas can be bought as list now easily and if you buy a well priced 2nd hand one youre almost guaranteed to make some money on it if Rolex continue their price rises.

the SS Daytona is a 5 grand watch tops and the Sub a 3.5 grand watch, Rolex are trying to play with the big boys on price without the quality to back it up ( They are still great watches but not at the prices they are asking ) Rolex are a great brand but they are not AP, PP, JLC, L&S etc and should keep their prices in line with their peers

the SS Daytona is a 5 grand watch tops and the Sub a 3.5 grand watch, Rolex are trying to play with the big boys on price without the quality to back it up ( They are still great watches but not at the prices they are asking ) Rolex are a great brand but they are not AP, PP, JLC, L&S etc and should keep their prices in line with their peers
Yeah, but when was the last time Rolex pricing was about product positioning rather than brand positioning/barrier-to-lifestyle-statement?

...AP, PP, JLC, L&S etc and should keep their prices in line with their peers

I wonder what percentage of Rolex owners could actually decode those initials? Add VC to the list too.

I've been into watches for about 5 years now, and I honestly cannot believe how many times Rolex have upped their prices. The list price of the SS Sub date back then was £2950, now it's almost £4790 albeit for a slightly different model. Almost 2K more!

Back
Top Bottom