What watch do you wear?

I'm on the hunt for a 'classic' looking watch, preferably black strap (but will consider) brown, white face, and pretty thin and with a smaller diameter (I have thin wrists), and possibly a gold accent if the budget can stretch.
Ideally I don't want to spend more than £200 but let's look at everything sub £300.
I had a look around the jewellery bit in Glasgow today, tried one on, but it wasn't great.
Can anyone help? Highstreet, online, or second hand. Happy to consider anything, and I'm more than happy to bargain in shops - Managed to get £25 knocked off a £145 Tissot today which I thought was good going but ultimately not for me.
I'll be wearing it day to day, but also want it to compliment a suit.
Should I really stretch my budget to get an automatic? I don't really understand the difference between automatic and quartz.

I'm quite liking this - http://www.christopherward.co.uk/men/dress/c5swk.html but not sure if 38mm is big/small/average? I have quite thin wrists, and the fashion nowadays seems to be massive watches which I hate.

Last edited:
I'm on the hunt for a 'classic' looking watch, preferably black strap (but will consider) brown, white face, and pretty thin, and possibly a gold accent if the budget can stretch.
Ideally I don't want to spend more than £200 but let's look at everything sub £300.
I had a look around the jewellery bit in Glasgow today, tried one on, but it wasn't great.
Can anyone help? Highstreet, online, or second hand. Happy to consider anything, and I'm more than happy to bargain in shops - Managed to get £25 knocked off a £145 Tissot today which I thought was good going but ultimately not for me.
I'll be wearing it day to day, but also want it to compliment a suit.
Should I really stretch my budget to get an automatic? I don't really understand the difference between automatic and quartz.

I'm quite liking this - http://www.christopherward.co.uk/men/dress/c5swk.html but not sure if 38mm is big/small/average? I have quite thin wrists, and the fashion nowadays seems to be massive watches which I hate.

If you want a thinner watch check out: http://www.skagen.co.uk/manuals/Skagen_watches_autumn_winter_2010-2011.pdf

I don't really understand the difference between automatic and quartz.

Automatic is a mechanical movement whereas quartz is electronic. Quartz doesn't have the workmanship and isn't as desirable but it is far more accurate than almost all (if not all) mechanical watches plus doesn't need winding, just a change of battery every few years.

Noticed the Omega ads on TV recently, they must be getting desperate :p

Although checked out the price of the new POs with the cermic bezel and new movement with clear back, £3800 for the standard model!

Also see the price for the 'old' model has been upped to £2800 in most highstreet type jewellers as well.

IMG_0453.jpg

Noticed the Omega ads on TV recently, they must be getting desperate :p

Although checked out the price of the new POs with the cermic bezel and new movement with clear back, £3800 for the standard model!

Also see the price for the 'old' model has been upped to £2800 in most highstreet type jewellers as well.

Aye, i paid £2150 for my speedmaster day/date from Goldsmiths last year, its gone up to £2500 now.

Back
Top Bottom