What watch do you wear?

Got a G-Shock that's lasted me for yonks.... Fantastically robust watch.

Have a Sekonda though if I want to go out, or wear a suit - basically smart/work occasions. Cost me about £60 as well, so fairly low end. But hey, it tells the time, and looks all right...

kd

So how does one judge the "Officialness" of watches being sold online. My girlfriend is after the following watch, but on the rainforest marketplace the same watch is being sold for about £280 and here (at another dubious looking website) for about £195.

Can anyone offer some wisdom?

I wouldn't trust either of those sites without verification. Seach google discussions and see if they're mentioned in the likes of tz-uk or watch-u-seek or other well known forums.

I had a look at the second one you linked using google maps/street view and companies house. I don't want to post further in case my conclusions are incorrect, they may be a ebay/amazon trader or drop shipper etc based from home...
The first one only has a 'contact us' email I think, no phone number or address...

You'd have more buyer protection buying it off ebay ;)

Shall finally post my watches up. Most are nothing special to be honest but I like them all the same.

From most recent to oldest...

Oris Williams F1:
IMG_2275.jpg

Nixon Chronicle:
IMG_2283.jpg

Nixon 51-30:
IMG_2279.jpg

Nixon Rubber Player: (Ltd Ed fluorescent colour)
IMG_2281.jpg

Nixon Murf:
IMG_2285.jpg

Nixon Rotolog:
IMG_2287.jpg

Nixon Player:
IMG_2289.jpg

Ha, I didn't think they'd go down well they are very much niché fashion watches. The Oris was purely due to wanting something a bit nicer. I looked at the Tag F1 series but none of them really appealed to me. I would love an Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow (Brown leather strap with the Gold detail) but that is a little out of my price range for the time being.

It really is, I like that it doesn't scream Rolex.

I love the MilGauss, either your model or the GV, but was a little more than I wanted to spend at the time.

Shame as the GV I saw was a good price and they have gone up again since.

Aw well, maybe one day :)

Back
Top Bottom