What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Haha :D If you saw my legs, you would think I skipped leg day too... :D

In relation to the rest of my build it does look a bit more normal in RL. I just seem to have a very low % of fat on my body to 'fill in' like normal people ;)

Man of Honour
Worth noting that even a larger diameter watch can fit a smaller wrist just fine but it almost always boils down to the watch lug to lug distance. For me anything from 36mm to 40mm case size seems ideal as long as the lug to lug distance is maximum 48mm but if the 36mm has an 18mm or smaller strap taper width then it looks too small due to the perspective the combination has. So for me 18mm on a taper (20mm lugs) seems the perfect size but an 18mm to 16mm taper seems fine on a smaller watch too like the Casio squares although the Casio F91-W feels just too small as the strap taper is very thin.

It's actually quite tough finding the perfect combination of L2L, case size and strap size (including taper width where a taper features) that suits any given wrist and that all changes between watch styles too from diver to dress to sports etc.

Associate
I read an article today about what the world's welthiest people wear from Muk to Gates. Unsurprisingly Gates rotates a bunch of Casios he likes. What a guy!

https://luxurylaunches.com/watches/...bill-gates-proudly-wears-a-70-casio-watch.php

Maybe I am indeed just happy with my Timex and vintage Casios and Marloes :p

Hopefully your shipment arrives in steady time. My order of 3 straps shipped on July 1st and only just yesterday does tracking show it reaching London.

I am hoping it slips through the letterbox tomorrow or Tuesday as I am off so can spend all day marvelling at strap combinations. How sad!

I love seeing those memes about the worlds richest folks wearing cheap watches and clothes ... they always forget to mention they live in $50 million dollar mansions and have $500,000 cars LOL

Man of Honour
But the houses and cars have nothing to do with the watches :p

As it seems to be quartz season, youtube recommended this to me, and have to say it is quite beautiful

(part piece from 8:10 :D)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
First part is equally as good, interesting to see that that Tudor back then shared Rolex signed crowns and case backs among other parts, even though they're still made by the same factories today, the brand is its own. Such a great story and really cool they made the choice to just restore it mechanically and keep the beaten up nature authentic. What a thing to own and pass down through generations.

Soldato
Been wearing my Seiko 5 (SNZG13J1) almost exclusively lately, it's a few years old now and has been battered quite a lot but still fits and works well.

y4m_PayRzYuLbx4VNa1pQo8UO-WyHGS1OUA1a9r7KmuceYHGLUn-g0yODUFBxSExlxB_JZnZNDPPKotZ4IsecsOVYFQ1t1yXGNP4t-op6HYLTPNQcfr0KSGTGAgbNcYLWTtjHzXYXQwsvL3GAFGXkeomgjbhd82_KRyIzHbnt025x5-PpybF5SE46vafwHvayvaQxEdpJn7dfd21kFPO6u5_w

Man of Honour
After much umming and ahhing I will be buying a 38mm chrono at some point soon as haven't had one since the Tissot PRC-200 and miss that. Just need to decide between 1 of 2 choices. The price difference between both is rather big all things considered but the difference comes in with some key features and of course fully automatic + adjusted vs mecaquartz...

Either:

Dan Henry 1964 Panda (Seiko VK64 Mecaquartz):
https://danhenrywatches.com/collect...an-turismo-chronograph?variant=32561830559826
(The Evil Panda Bicompax option with no date).
+ Looks great
+ Perfect size
+ Blue painted needles a nice aesthetic
+ Quartz so accurate (up to +30s a month)
+ Comes with beads of rice bracelet, leather strap, watch role for travel storage
+ Nice styling fitting of the 1964 chronos
- Mineral glass with sapphire coating
- The subdial at 3 is a 24hr display of the current time and cannot be adjusted to function as a 2nd time zone for example which is a more useful feature or at least be 12hr.

MAEN SkyMaster 38 (ETA 2894-2 top grade & adjusted to 5 positions):
https://www.maenwatches.com/pages/skymaster
(Jet Balck or Panda colour with the Sapphire crystal option.
+ 20mm lugs, no need to buy new straps
+ Bezel is bidirectional so can be used as a GMT
+ Automatic
- Sapphire crystal is optional
- Bracelet is optional

The MAEN you are getting less as an overall package, but the movement and overall quality is of a higher standard. I just need to decide if the + points of the SkyMaster a worth spending more on vs how much I really want a chrono in my collection. I like the modern aesthetic of the SkyMaster, but also love the vintage vibes of the 1964 and as such think the 64 is a a bit more charm whilst the SKyMaster is more of a professional looking tool which is also cool.

Thought this was a better place to post this rather than in the stuff you bought thread :o

Y54Mkk9.jpg

EDIT

3 oddball watches ordered!

Edit edit

Should be here by Friday!:eek:

Still intrigued!

Soldato
What's the general feeling on a Breitling Navitimer B01 Chronograph, particularly the 43mm (slim wrists), are they decent watches?

My date Sub is for nice occasions and I wear my '64 Omega Seamaster Deville as a daily. However I'd like something nice to mix things up a bit. I've my name down on a GMTII that might never materialise and the only other watch Ive always liked is the Navitimer. I know it looks a bit busy, but I really do like it. It won't be to everyone's taste, but it would be nice to know if they are reliable and well made.

Associate
After much umming and ahhing I will be buying a 38mm chrono at some point soon as haven't had one since the Tissot PRC-200 and miss that. Just need to decide between 1 of 2 choices. The price difference between both is rather big all things considered but the difference comes in with some key features and of course fully automatic + adjusted vs mecaquartz...

Either:

Dan Henry 1964 Panda (Seiko VK64 Mecaquartz):
https://danhenrywatches.com/collect...an-turismo-chronograph?variant=32561830559826
(The Evil Panda Bicompax option with no date).
+ Looks great
+ Perfect size
+ Blue painted needles a nice aesthetic
+ Quartz so accurate (up to +30s a month)
+ Comes with beads of rice bracelet, leather strap, watch role for travel storage
+ Nice styling fitting of the 1964 chronos
- Mineral glass with sapphire coating
- The subdial at 3 is a 24hr display of the current time and cannot be adjusted to function as a 2nd time zone for example which is a more useful feature or at least be 12hr.

MAEN SkyMaster 38 (ETA 2894-2 top grade & adjusted to 5 positions):
https://www.maenwatches.com/pages/skymaster
(Jet Balck or Panda colour with the Sapphire crystal option.
+ 20mm lugs, no need to buy new straps
+ Bezel is bidirectional so can be used as a GMT
+ Automatic
- Sapphire crystal is optional
- Bracelet is optional

The MAEN you are getting less as an overall package, but the movement and overall quality is of a higher standard. I just need to decide if the + points of the SkyMaster a worth spending more on vs how much I really want a chrono in my collection. I like the modern aesthetic of the SkyMaster, but also love the vintage vibes of the 1964 and as such think the 64 is a a bit more charm whilst the SKyMaster is more of a professional looking tool which is also cool.

Still intrigued!

Between the two I would go for the Maen for the reasons you mentioned but I have to say I'm not in love with either of them. They are both very classic style wise and so a bit boring to me.

Back
Top Bottom