What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Thanks for your help @lsg1r - I've decided to stop procrastinating.....Max Bill, 34mm, hand wind on order.

After remembering the Nomos at 35mm was going to be fine, hopefully the Max Bill at 34mm will also be fine. Leaves me with plenty of spare change for a few straps too :D
Hopefully it all turns out great for you and don't go blaming me if you realise you like it in the flesh :p

Soldato
Tudor prices seem to have gone up 5 to 10% ......
Wouldn't be shocked to see others follow suit in all honesty, what with supply constraints, potential man power shortages etc.

Although you could argue it's Tudor trying to do a Seiko and move their prices a bit higher up the ladder just as easily.

Soldato
I forgot to update you all as well; I managed to snag a Forstner 1450 President strap. I can't say I'm over the moon with the quality compared to a proper Omega item. It feels very "cheap" in comparison; on par with a regular Seiko bracelet if I'm honest. However it is super comfortable and I think looks much better than the default strap the Pre-2021 watches came with. I'd love to snag a 2021 strap but I can't imagine they'll be cheap.

Xt945R0.jpeg

Soldato
The Seamaster is a permanent member of the collection due to the *sigh*... emotional attachment of being my first expensive watch. Silly human brains.

The only reason I am 'conflicted' is because I absolutely love the No Time To Die version. At £7k though I'd have to clear space!

Soldato
The only reason I am 'conflicted' is because I absolutely love the No Time To Die version. At £7k though I'd have to clear space!
100% with you on that one. It's beautiful.

I'm the same with my Longines Master. First watch I got moving over here, first grown up watch. Would never sell it but I'd love an IWC as the "dress" watch instead but can't get rid.

Soldato
The Seamaster is a permanent member of the collection due to the *sigh*... emotional attachment of being my first expensive watch. Silly human brains.

2 sold in the last five days for just under 6k on TZUK. Still a wad of cash though.

Soldato
100% with you on that one. It's beautiful.

I'm the same with my Longines Master. First watch I got moving over here, first grown up watch. Would never sell it but I'd love an IWC as the "dress" watch instead but can't get rid.
I've poo' poo'ed IWC because of their "space" watches (they sent an astronaut up with like 6 IWC's in his pocket to sell them as space watches - really disliked that for some reason lol).

I really like the Longines perpetual:
https://www.longines.com/en-gb/watch-the-longines-master-collection-l2-739-4-71-3

2 sold in the last five days for just under 6k on TZUK. Still a wad of cash though.
Yeah I'd definitely have to shift my Seamaster to justify it (which isn't going to happen). Wonder how far they will go down?

Last edited:
Soldato

I’m exactly the same. I bought a Seamaster for my first mechanical watch but stupidly bought a mid size because I thought the full size looked too big on my wrist. Since then I bought a Panerai Luminor (PAM320) and an IWC Portofino hand wound which are 44mm so the Seamaster now looks tiny. I only wear it on holiday these days so it does get some use.

Soldato
Thanks for your help @lsg1r - I've decided to stop procrastinating.....Max Bill, 34mm, hand wind on order.

After remembering the Nomos at 35mm was going to be fine, hopefully the Max Bill at 34mm will also be fine. Leaves me with plenty of spare change for a few straps too :D

Definitely let us know how you like it and, of course pics please! The Max Bill has been on my radar for a while, something about that clean clinical dial I am drawn to. I've just never been sure how it would look on my wrist though.

Man of Honour
Baltic's MR01 is up for pre ordering for the next batch from the 10th Jan and I think I will get my order in for one as missed the last couple of restocks. The Salmon dial one:

https://baltic-watches.com/en/products/mr01-salmon

I've been looking at strap options as don't think the rubber strap colours I have will suit a salmon dial but came across the new Zuludiver Seasalter with the contrasting stripe that should fit the bill: https://www.watchgecko.com/zuludiver-seasalter-two-piece-nato-watch-strap-green-beige

Then quickly mocked this up in PS:

eC9QqMJ.jpg

I like it!

Associate
Better late than never, happy new year everyone!

@mrk: I had a Baltic and usually like their watches but this new one is an absolute "no thank you" for me.

On a different note I finally managed to sell one of my Grand Seiko watch (you got to love Brexit and its consequences on selling a luxury item to someone based in Europe...) and so my late Christmas present will be on its way shortly. Will do a mini-review once I have it in 1-2 weeks time.

Back
Top Bottom