What watch do you wear?

Soldato
From what I've seen they're saying 250CHF so about £200 (GQ says £207) if 1:1... @dLockers seems there will be a restriction of 2 watches at a time, not sure if you can go in multiple times though.

It's completely stupid imo being store only, even more so when it's restricted to London (2 stores from what I've seen) and Edinburgh, maybe it's their way of restricting sales because I can't seem to find anything about numbers being produced.

From the pictures I quite like the sun (got a thing for 'bright' watches at the mo even though I'm not sure how often I'd wear it though), mercury (although maybe a bit too close to the real thing) and jupiter. Would prefer to see in the flesh for a real decision.

Saturn colours is nice too but it has the stupid ring round the bottom sub dial, no idea why they've done that because it seems a little tacky compared with the other tasteful 'tweaks' done.

Last edited:
Associate
I might pop down on Saturday; LMK if you want me to get you one (if they are even obtainium)

That's a very kind offer, thanks. However, as these are not going to be a limited production, I'll just buy them online when they become available.

From what I've seen they're saying 250CHF so about £200 (GQ says £207) if 1:1... @dLockers seems there will be a restriction of 2 watches at a time, not sure if you can go in multiple times though.

It's completely stupid imo being store only, even more so when it's restricted to London (2 stores from what I've seen) and Edinburgh, maybe it's their way of restricting sales because I can't seem to find anything about numbers being produced.

From the pictures I quite like the sun (got a thing for 'bright' watches at the mo even though I'm not sure how often I'd wear it though), mercury (although maybe a bit too close to the real thing) and jupiter. Would prefer to see in the flesh for a real decision.

Saturn colours is nice too but it has the stupid ring round the bottom sub dial, no idea why they've done that because it seems a little tacky compared with the other tasteful 'tweaks' done.

They are on the Swatch website now and are priced at £207 each. https://www.swatch.com/en-gb/bioceramic-moonswatch.html

I can kinda understand why they are limiting them to in-store only as otherwise you will just get people scalping them online by creating multiple accounts to buy them all up, thus getting around the limit of 2 per person. However, it does then cut out a large % of the customers who would want to buy one as there is no way I'm (and I would imagine many others) travelling to London just to maybe get 2 of these.

That said, even with this in-store sale policy, you can be pretty sure these will be on eBay next week for 3x - 4x their RRP.

Soldato
I can kinda understand why they are limiting them to in-store only as otherwise you will just get people scalping them online by creating multiple accounts to buy them all up, thus getting around the limit of 2 per person. However, it does then cut out a large % of the customers who would want to buy one as there is no way I'm (and I would imagine many others) travelling to London just to maybe get 2 of these.

That said, even with this in-store sale policy, you can be pretty sure these will be on eBay next week for 3x - 4x their RRP.
In some respects you have to ask if they're not limited production then why the restriction from buying online. There are plenty of ways to restrict online purchases.... IP address, physical address, require some sort of id to be emailed through before despatch. Yes it's a little more work and in all honesty, like everything you can work around it but we just know they're going to be scalped by people in London (I can see scalpers plus a few buddies going to multiple stores) for those of us who have no easy way of getting there. If I look on the swatch store map, my part of the country might as well not exist for swatch, my nearest store is in a centre parks lol.

I'd even go as far and say these watches aren't meant for 'watch people', these are for 'instagram influencers' with the hope of hyping up swatch again. Sites are already using 'break the internet' as headlines.... think about it when was the last time you thought about buying a swatch watch, they're just not popular anymore and a long way off their popularity of the 80s/90s

Associate
In some respects you have to ask if they're not limited production then why the restriction from buying online. There are plenty of ways to restrict online purchases.... IP address, physical address, require some sort of id to be emailed through before despatch. Yes it's a little more work and in all honesty, like everything you can work around it but we just know they're going to be scalped by people in London (I can see scalpers plus a few buddies going to multiple stores) for those of us who have no easy way of getting there. If I look on the swatch store map, my part of the country might as well not exist for swatch, my nearest store is in a centre parks lol.

I'd even go as far and say these watches aren't meant for 'watch people', these are for 'instagram influencers' with the hope of hyping up swatch again. Sites are already using 'break the internet' as headlines.... think about it when was the last time you thought about buying a swatch watch, they're just not popular anymore and a long way off their popularity of the 80s/90s

Yes, true. I think they have just gone for the easy option. I'll have to disagree with you on being popular with watch nerd....I think these will do very well with us watch geeks.

In Fratellos video they looked plastic AF :(

Yes, I also thought that. I'm guessing the colour doesn't help. That said, it is Swatch......they are all mostly plastic AF :p

And so it begins https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=moonswatch&_sacat=0

Soldato

It'll be a limited initial release to drive the hype, then general availability online. You don't make plastic watches at this price unless they're going to be widely available.

Soldato
I'm in London tomorrow so considering going to a store to see if I can get a Jupiter or maybe the Earth. Having said that I'm not going in early so I'm not sure I can be all that bothered!

I think they will get flipped but that's not surprising.

Soldato
I don't live anywhere near the stores, but if I could get one close to retail price I'd buy one.
I like a few of them, moon, mercury, neptune, & pluto
If I happen to get lucky and they have them in stock I can grab you one if you'd like? What would be your preference if there's a choice?

I suspect they'll all be sold out but you never know!

Associate
If I happen to get lucky and they have them in stock I can grab you one if you'd like? What would be your preference if there's a choice?

I suspect they'll all be sold out but you never know!
That's incredibly generous of you Cleisthenes, thank you!
If I had the chance, I'd probably be boring and go with either the moon or mercury.

I haven't purchased a watch since the Kraken H2 on Kickstarter about 2 years ago, but it's still on my wrist as a beater watch since purchase. In the shower, on MTB rides, all sorts and still keeps good time averaging approx +1s a day

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, true. I think they have just gone for the easy option. I'll have to disagree with you on being popular with watch nerd....I think these will do very well with us watch geeks.
I didn't mean that we wouldn't like them or wouldn't want them (because it's pretty obvious we do), it was more that from the viewpoint of Swatch, this is more for the 'trendy people' of Instagram that lap up the marketing on there, and will hopefully spread down to the less desirable swatch models.

Yes, I also thought that. I'm guessing the colour doesn't help. That said, it is Swatch......they are all mostly plastic AF :p

In Fratellos video they looked plastic AF :(
You mean you're not buying the marketing where it says they're bioceramic... which is a proprietary blend of bio-sourced (sure I read recycled somewhere) plastic and ceramic.... so yeah they're basically going to be all plastic, no matter what Swatch are saying lol

To be honest though I thought they looked a bit 3D printed, they're not the cleanest mouldings I've ever seen based on the images online, which is not a good thing... this is why I'd prefer to see them in the flesh.

Soldato
That's incredibly generous of you Cleisthenes, thank you!
If I had the chance, I'd probably be boring and go with either the moon or mercury.

I haven't purchased a watch since the Kraken H2 on Kickstarter about 2 years ago, but it's still on my wrist as a beater watch since purchase. In the shower, on MTB rides, all sorts and still keeps good time averaging approx +1s a day
No problem. If the stars align I'll see what I can do!

Man of Honour
I think they look kinda Fisher price with those colours, they're trying to outCasio Casio? And yeah bio ceramic.... Plastic all over. With 30m water resist and a quartz movement, I'd rather just have a digital casio or timex really for a fraction of the price.

It's a lot of money to pay for those specs, let's face it it's the Omega stamp on the dial you're paying for but minus all the things that make an Omega, an Omega!

I'm actually in London on Saturday so will try pop in and look at one myself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom