What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I absolutely love my Sinn U1 but built better than Tudor, Rolex and Omega? I own all of those brands and they are on another level of finish. Especially movements. Sinn for the price though is excellent. Although I wish they would stop using the cheap stamped metal clasps. The Sellita movement is a tried and tested work horse but nothing to get excited about. I do love the Lego style hands on the U1. Just a bit different from everything else.

So do I and it’s just my view, the heft of the Sinn just feels a lot more solid. Albeit I’m not an owner of a deep sea or a Daytona just a DJ so maybe that’s why. I also haven’t had days on end to look at every amount of finishing but the heft in your hand and how it feels is incredible.

Soldato
So do I and it’s just my view, the heft of the Sinn just feels a lot more solid. Albeit I’m not an owner of a deep sea or a Daytona just a DJ so maybe that’s why. I also haven’t had days on end to look at every amount of finishing but the heft in your hand and how it feels is incredible.
I'm surprised the difference in quality between the DJ and your Sinn isn't more apparent from a simple glance at the dial or bracelet. Just going on weight...well then sure, your Sinn will win!
Any chance you could take a photo of the DJ and Sinn side by side?

Soldato
I'm surprised the difference in quality between the DJ and your Sinn isn't more apparent from a simple glance at the dial or bracelet. Just going on weight...well then sure, your Sinn will win!
Any chance you could take a photo of the DJ and Sinn side by side?
Haven't yet bought a Sinn, toyed with the idea at a watch show, handled a few, went to a dealer and did the same and ended up with something completely different :D

Still very much want to buy a Sinn just haven't been able to set the money aside due to on going house renovations :(

Soldato
Haven't yet bought a Sinn, toyed with the idea at a watch show, handled a few, went to a dealer and did the same and ended up with something completely different :D

Still very much want to buy a Sinn just haven't been able to set the money aside due to on going house renovations :(
Ah now I understand! I can see why the heft may portray certain things in such settings.

I regret selling my EZM 2 Hydro for sure. It's such a bonkers watch.

Associate
I'm a watch novice and looking to purchase either a 39mm Zulu time or a Seamaster in Green for my wedding. I know there is a significant price difference, but my Mrs keeps saying buy the one watch I want rather than compromise. It would be great if I could get anything off the rather steep £5,600 for the Seamaster. Does anyone have any current idea whether dealers are offering discounts if buying in cash?

Soldato
I'm a watch novice and looking to purchase either a 39mm Zulu time or a Seamaster in Green for my wedding. I know there is a significant price difference, but my Mrs keeps saying buy the one watch I want rather than compromise. It would be great if I could get anything off the rather steep £5,600 for the Seamaster. Does anyone have any current idea whether dealers are offering discounts if buying in cash?
I got a Speedy for £3800 when list was £5500. This was when the world was ending though. It really depends on the specific vendors, just start calling around.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Anyone treating themselves to a watch for Christmas?

Doubt it. With all the price increases of the past year or so, most of the watches I would like are hard to justify. I want a watch that I can use to time things ie. a chronograph or a dive watch. I've found that since having children its quite useful to know when something happened or when something needs to happen. Doesn't have to be precise but its useful to know X happened at roughly Y.

Like the idea of the Omega speedmaster but I also like the idea of not ruining a watch if I take it in water. I know they are waterproof to 50m but I think it would be stupid to have a watch that isn't waterproof if some tiny hands pushed the wrong button while the watch was under water.

I like the look of the Pelagos FXD or the normal Pelagos but I don't know if the FXDs fixed lugs would be annoying and the regular might be too large on my ~7" wrist. I was looking at the planet ocean 39.5 as well but again, quite large (height) and expensive.

Associate

I've heard that Omega have switched to Rolex style pricing, i.e. no discounts offered. Haven't confirmed this myself though, might as well ask the question anyway!

Soldato
Associate
I've heard that Omega have switched to Rolex style pricing, i.e. no discounts offered. Haven't confirmed this myself though, might as well ask the question anyway!
This seems to be true. A few years back you didn't even have to try very hard for 20% off. Nothing these days.

Associate
Wanted a birth-year watch, managed to find a birth-month watch (March 1971). Getting harder to find really mint, fully working examples outside of Japan, but I've had more expensive takeaway meals.

5606.jpg

Soldato
Let me know if you want the link. These are a reputable brand up in Scotland.

SgCjyKG.png

Soldato
Just seen this video and I can't make out if Ed Sheeran is a genius or mental. His collection is mad and some of the one off's are aswell. He seems to beat the poo out of all of them lol. Nice if you have the money.

Finally got round to watching this last night as I'd been put off with the hour long running time initially. Must be a hardship having the head honchos of the top brands on your phone so you can give them a call and get your piece unique watches ordered :o thought it was funny when he has to run something past his accountant and the draw air through their teeth. You know it's a hundred k plus purchase right there :cry:

Back
Top Bottom