What watch do you wear?

Soldato
just got the white one in the post...
IMG_1600.JPG

I love the twingraph 2 when I was a kid, been trying to get one again but they selling for crazy prices on fleabay.

I got the black on this last summer and took it aboard, tbh I didn't ever wear it that much and been wanting the while one since it came out but it was a case of will I actually wear it.. thou I do like the white f-91w thou.

Soldato
I'm after another everyday watch OH has some expensive ones, i'm not bothered about going down that path.

Looking at a Seiko Speedtimer 1969 Recreation, about £590, any good for the money?

Keep an eye on HUKD. Seiko prices are going mad; that one has come up a few times at way under 590.

Soldato
I've just ordered this watch as my "wedding watch". I know it's not automatic or as fancy as others, but I love aviation and I think this looks great:

Don
Funnily enough Producer Michael just put up a video on that watch :p

Ha I watched that, the fake was obvious in the first second the two were next to each other, the escape valve font above the rehaut looked awful, like someone had made it bold by mistake! I promise you I said the left one was fake from the start, then all the poor machining, pearl finishing etc.. just confirmed it.

I like PM but he's quite dumb, and whoever his AD friend is, needs to make sure he doesnt publish his name or company! :p

vqyMcD9.png

Associate
Just watched it. They weren't comparable references anyway.

One was a 116660 and the other was a 136660 you can tell by the difference in bracelet width (which they didn't mention)

I was onto the fake within a few seconds but my reasoning wasn't mentioned.

The AR coating on the 116660 looked off under the light immediately.

I've had 2 of the 116660 and now have a 136660. They aren't a well-liked watch due to the size and weight of them but if you have a larger wrist then they just feel bomb proof. I've regretted selling both of the earlier ones so ended up buying them again.

I can't take to that PM guy at all though, seems so dim.

Man of Honour
A new Seiko x Studio Ghibli special edition is out in March, 1500 limited. 40.5mm case so not too bigm although lug to lug unknown. I really like the look, just a shame it's 1750 Euros :eek:

fez

fez

Caporegime
How much more do we reckon the watch market is likely to come down over the next few years. Want to get myself a seamaster 300 Peter Blake edition but I don't want to pay the ~£3k for a good condition one. They do seem to have come down in price a bit over the last 6 months but I wonder how much more prices are going to drop.

Caporegime
How much more do we reckon the watch market is likely to come down over the next few years. Want to get myself a seamaster 300 Peter Blake edition but I don't want to pay the ~£3k for a good condition one. They do seem to have come down in price a bit over the last 6 months but I wonder how much more prices are going to drop.
Prices seem to be all over the place at the moment from my experience. I just recently sold my Speedmaster Reduced for £600 more than I bought it for three months ago...

Associate
It seems like used watches are currently in the middle of a small increase in prices. Not sure if this will continue though. My completely independent analysis is that I think we are going to just bob along here for a while with some small increases and decreases over the next year.

It seems like relatively safe time to buy if you are buying right

RJC

RJC

Don
A new Seiko x Studio Ghibli special edition is out in March, 1500 limited. 40.5mm case so not too bigm although lug to lug unknown. I really like the look, just a shame it's 1750 Euros :eek:

I like the look of that.

Sold my Christopher Ward C65 Super compressor last month so looking around for another watch to replace this one.

Associate
I've been considering getting myself a nice watch to celebrate retiring (at least for a while), combined with having a big birthday coming up.
I went up to Bluewater today to have a look at the Seamaster 300 in green - while it was lovely, at the current retail price I'm not sure if it's worth it.
Next door was a Breitling boutique, so I dropped in the to look at the Superocean Heritage in green which looked absolutely beautiful, over £1k less expensive and currently comes with an enhanced 8 year warranty.
I'm seriously tempted by the Breitling - I know its a Tudor movement inside and maybe not quite as 'prestigious' as the Omega, is there anything I should know about the Breitling to put me off ?

Back
Top Bottom