• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: What will be your 3 main factors for deciding on your next GPU?

What will be your 3 main deciding factors for your next gpu (ignoring external factors)?

• Total voters
Caporegime
Rasterization performance
Ray tracing performance
VRAM amount
Feature set on offer i.e. shadowplay, dlss, fsr
Power consumption & efficiency

Have left out price per performance as obviously that is the main thing for everyone and goes without saying and obviously, it would be nice to have all of them but as we all know, every gpu has some form of a compromise so this thread/poll is purely for what is most important as of now and for the future when it comes to your next purchase.

Any others or better poll choice suggestions?

VRAM and I'm at 1440p 144hz. I want my next card to last like my 1080 has and with just 2gb more on a 4070 if the rumours are true, it might not be enough in a few years time. That's 2 series, followed by 3 series and around 6 years later in total for just 2gb more one tier lower. 4080 12gb if it's cut down is essentially the 4070 it seems, as others say.

All going to come down to pricing and availability as always. Tempted for the first time to look at used 3 series.

1. Rasterization performance
5. Ray tracing performance
3. VRAM amount
2. Feature set on offer i.e. shadowplay, dlss, fsr
4. Power consumption & efficiency

My order is above.

I'd also mention "relative pricing" to other cards in the range. I'd pay a little bit more for the "next card up" if I felt it was going to last longer (I only upgrade once every 5+ years.) Still, that "next card up" would have to be offering at least 15% more performance.

I want my next card to last like my 1080 has and with just 2gb more on a 4070 if the rumours are true, it might not be enough in a few years time.
This^

My 1080Ti is still just fine at 1440p. I'd want any future upgrade - as let's be honest, they aren't going to be cheap - to offer the same or better performance than my 1080Ti but at 4k.

Power consumption & efficiency

Maximum [rasterisation] performance at 250W TDP
Anything above 250W is only a scientific interest to me. If it was good enough for 1080Ti, it should be good enough for next gen.

Second, specific feature - idle downclocking when driving multiple high refresh monitors. AMD keeps failing at this

Power consumption / performance ratio.

I’m not interested really in anything above 350w. It starts getting ridiculous.

Pinning my hopes on AMD, we know they will have better RT performance this time round, likely better efficiency to Nvidia and the same if not better power draw. Also been really impressed with the 6000 series cards I’ve owned over the past few years. Not to mention, I feel like although 7000 won’t be cheap, Nvidia are going to go crazy with pricing.

I’m not interested really in anything above 350w. It starts getting ridiculous.
At some point I'm hoping to get an upper-end card that can be undervolted to 300W-ish but still pull an 18k/19k TSE score level of performance. That will be a nice middle-ground for me in regards to heat etc.

Not worth it at 1440p ofc, only worth it if I do go back to 4k.

So seems the OP options are good then?

Obviously can list order of preference but the poll will just be the 1 vote to see what is the main thing people are wanting next time round.

Was thinking of adding availability but wanted to keep it purely down to the gpu and not external factors.

How much the performance jump is, if it's like a going from a 1080ti to a 2080ti again I'll be staying on the 3090 as I didn't make the jump to a 2080ti and waited out that generation.

1. Rasterization performance
2. Ray tracing performance
3. VRAM amount
4. Looks (not being a teenager's design while still having a bit of show, like an Nvidia FE)
5. Power consumption & efficiency
6. Feature set on offer i.e. shadowplay, dlss, fsr

Will probably hold out until a game grabs my interest that my 3060ti feels like it's holding me back too much in, that could be years though as I don't feel the pull of gaming as much as I used to and quite happy to turn a few things down/off......
That or I'll just want some new shiny and have enough money at the time to justify it to myself!

Back
Top Bottom