• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What will NVidia do next with 7nm?

Soldato
They could go for zero performance increase and 30% less on the price.
This would actually encourage more people to buy their high end cards.
A 7nm card with regular performance the same as the existing RTX Titan (which is plenty for 4k) but enhanced Ray Tracing priced at £700 is what would sell.
Haha, you've posted this after a few to many glasses of Bacardi my friend :p
Makes sense to me though. The main problem right now with nvidias offering is the price. They are not really threatened on the performance side just yet. If they just lower the prices to much on the current 20xx then they will have some very ****** off people on their hands. Releasing a new series with a node shrink gives them the excuse they need for the normies.

Soldato
If they get more titles to actually use RTX, I'll be on board for their flagship this time (if Radeon doesn't add their own Ray-tech). Doubly so if they keep up their promise of DLSS 2X. But! If they keep selling tiny vram amounts, they can go RTX themselves. Next card is going to have HDMI 2.1 which means 8K, which means they need more than piddly diddly 11gb again. Also, VRR for HDMI is a MUST!

If they can't sell me on their features then I have no reason to look at them over AMD.

Soldato
TMSC has officially stated Nvidia is one of their biggest clients for 7nm.

Any rumours of Samsung likely revolve around 5nm.

Well they weren't going to hang onto 12finfet (aka 16nm) forever lol
I suspect the performance of the RTX3080ti will be another significant jump, so I'd be inclined to buy that too- only in 2020 though

Back
Top Bottom