What would Motors do about a trolley ding?

Soldato
I think the scenario in this thread would be an interesting one to take to the small claims court. Would the judge consider the parent negligent in giving a four year a trolley in a car park to take back to the trolley store. I don't think it is an unreasonable argument to make.

Associate
Its interesting, I suppose if the car had been something expensive, say a £100k car the owner would be loaded and just get it fixed out of their own pocket, they would probably care less....... not sure.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I think the scenario in this thread would be an interesting one to take to the small claims court. Would the judge consider the parent negligent in giving a four year a trolley in a car park to take back to the trolley store. I don't think it is an unreasonable argument to make.
OP: Please can we use this as a test case for all of our benefit. If you lose i will no longer need to return the trolleys myself :D

It would seem to be a logical case on that angle. Could the parent reasonably expect the 4 year old to safely (to himself, others and others property) return the trolley.
The evidence would seem to indicate no.
You can sue a parent for negligence in regards failing to supervise, suing the child would seem harsh, but if you did and won then you would be in line for all their birthday money, sweet money etc ;)

The child would normally be covered if they reside in a residence in which public (private) liability insurance existed. This often isn't outside your property boundary though

Back
Top Bottom