Whats it with girls and height?

Man of Honour
Height in men was an indicator of good genes / health which has now transformed to ‘attractive because it is attractive’ - just like boobs. People want sexy partners because we are evolutionarily driven to have sexy offspring.

Reminds me of ‘why do we get old?’ - the answer being ‘because we are not engineered to live, we are engineered to live long enough to reproduce’. Dumbing it down and making it bombastic, if we all had genes where we keeled over a died at 30, it wouldn’t really matter so long as we had offspring by then.

Height in men is sexy, which is why at 6’ 1” I’m a very sexy male.

I do find the whole ‘sexy because it’s sexy’ fascinating - such a weird, nonsense concept, and yet it exists.

Soldato
Height in men was an indicator of good genes / health which has now transformed to ‘attractive because it is attractive’ - just like boobs. People want sexy partners because we are evolutionarily driven to have sexy offspring.

Reminds me of ‘why do we get old?’ - the answer being ‘because we are not engineered to live, we are engineered to live long enough to reproduce’. Dumbing it down and making it bombastic, if we all had genes where we keeled over a died at 30, it wouldn’t really matter so long as we had offspring by then.

Height in men is sexy, which is why at 6’ 1” I’m a very sexy male.

I do find the whole ‘sexy because it’s sexy’ fascinating - such a weird, nonsense concept, and yet it exists.

Height might be an indicator of health due to good nutrition I guess but it's really more about a man being able to protect a woman and any potential offspring. Tall men, as well as strong men etc, are actually popular with other men as well, having friends who can stop you being beaten to death is obviously quite a good thing. So basically if you're short don't also be wimp

Soldato
It's a fairly standard behaviour witnessed throughout primates, the size of the male used to go a long way, it's less important now obviously as we don't go around smashing up anyone smaller than us to show dominance but the genetic code is still there.

Yeah its biological. Pre-programmed you might say. Which is possibly why hominids in general have had a tendency to get taller over time.

Soldato
If so, why are so many people not sexy? :p
Because, as with cars, indicators are not guarantees...

They settle with other uglies because they know they won't attract the premium genes :p
Or because, as with a lot of tech products, the premium genes are very far up their own arse and it's all marketing guff hidden by layers of makeup... lies sold to you by profit-seeking vultures who will screw you over first chance they get... and will probably sell your personal data, too! :D

Back
Top Bottom