What's the best supermarket sausage?

Associate
I really love sausage, no you don't understand, I REALLY love sausages and as usual the supermarkets have managed to botch an otherwise great product. I reckon I've eaten quite a few but what's your favourite?

Sainsburys basics are too grim for words. Too much fat and stay pink once cooked, what's that all about? Their 'Butcher's Choice' used to be quite nice but I noticed the fat and gristle levels have gone up and they aren't what they used to be. I don't like their Taste the Difference ones. Here there isn't enough fat in my opinion and the snag makes a dry unpleasant fry-up.

Duchy Originals, now there's a fine sausage. They've got it just right with the mix and a good amount of pepper in there.

The Black Farmer, didn't like these and they taste too similar to Sainsburys Taste the Difference. Closer inspection they are the same weight, the packaging is identical but printed differently and I smelled a rat.

Porkinson Banger were pretty good. Nice taste but a bit fatty for toad in the hole or bangers and mash. Good sausage though.

Waitrose have a gluten free sausage that's pretty nice, only problem is they use rice as the rusk, so every now and then you get a chunk of whole rice and it looks like a hunk of knuckle. Good tate and good seasoning though, well worth a try.

And one for the veggies, Quorn bangers. I like these and I'd rather eat them than a cheap sausage. Great texture and taste and fills that gap for the veggies when I'm on a sausage bonanza.

https://www.gazegillorganics.co.uk/ best meat for sure

Back
Top Bottom