What's the best supermarket sausage?

Permabanned
For a fry up I love scummy old Richmond sausages.

Everything else I go to the local butcher, he does some fantastic pork and apple sausages, pork and chilli, beef, lamb and mint and I've just bought some turkey, sage and onion ones from him to try. :)

Soldato
Just bought some of the Debbie & Andrews Harrogate sausages as a couple of people in this thread recommended them.
Will be having some in a sandwich for lunch later.

Well, I've eaten the sausages now and I've got to say I wasn't terribly impressed.
At first I was sceptical about the texture of a gluten free sausage that claimed to use no filler, but I was actually pleasantly surprised by that when I bit into them.
They were meaty and had a good consistency, it was the spice mixture that was the problem though.
I'm not sure exactly what spices were in there as the label doesn't go into details, but there were something in there (possibly mace) that just tasted wrong and jarred with the other flavours.
They're definitely better than most sausages you'll get from a supermarket, but they were let down by the flavour.

Personally Porky White's are the best I've come across from the supermarket, but the sausages from the local butchers still beat them.

Soldato
Wasn't veggie when this thread started, I like the linda mcartney ones with loads of hot pepper sause on top but they still tend to be not that healthy and over processed even when veggie, need to make my own tbh

Soldato
Porkie Whites. Their Light version is good, but only when hot. when it cools it becomes not so.. great

Btw, i dont care if this is a 10yr old thread. Its cool

Back
Top Bottom