Whats up with RGB hype these days?

Associate
Hi everyone,
Whats up with the RGB hype these days? Everyone keeps talking about the lights like they're outt of this world haha

Prices on the RGB fans have increased insanely recently too...

Soldato
I like it when its just used to set colour themes that can be easily changed. I do not like the silly multicolour strobe disco crap that some people feel aids the gaming experience.

Soldato
RGB lighting is stupid unless it serves a purpose. Backlight keyboards, bias lighting sure. But LED's on fans inside your computer? Completly useless and stupid. Very dorky. And dorky to those who put the case on the desk, and especially those with glass side panels.

Soldato
Depends on the case, design and execution.
Hate RGB but love what Phanteks has done , but hate the fact they made it you have to may single frames are a time and not 240/280/360 panel :/

eTau7Qg.jpg

With more cases have a dark tint , well almost blank, Jonsbo being the worst ! Followed by bequiet then Lian Li having a brown tint .... A brown tint in a white case.. madness..!!

Makes it easier to see components .
thermaltake hurts my eyes

Soldato
RGB lighting is stupid unless it serves a purpose.
Purpose is to give it the colour(s) I want, to complement the restof the design aesthetic, including patterns (if any) I want displayed... Like everything else in computer modding, it's all about having options, which includes the ability to turn it off if you feel like it.

But LED's on fans inside your computer?
If it's done well, it can look great.
I actually enjoy building my own, where possible.

And dorky to those who put the case on the desk, and especially those with glass side panels.
I haven't got space on the floor and wouldn't want it in such a painfully awkward place to keep reaching, anyway.
Case window (plastic, not glass) has been of considerable use on several occasions and saved me having to take off the panel every time.

Associate
Got to admit that i have taken to the led/rgb, i really do like it.

the only thing i have not tried are the rgb fans, i have the lian-li
table and 2 off the fans are just below the monitor, i think they
would just blind me, and the cost is a tad high.

Soldato
So totally pointless then.

It's a computer not a christmas tree.

that means every one should be driving around in a Dacia car, they do hatch back, estate , 4X4 and Cross over- no need to buy any other car thats more expensive and has 4 wheels and an engine like dacia's but at double or 100x the price .......

just peoples views and styles , I can ask you if your not driving a cheap dacia , why are you driving that car ? etc etc etc etc

Soldato
that means every one should be driving around in a Dacia car, they do hatch back, estate , 4X4 and Cross over- no need to buy any other car thats more expensive and has 4 wheels and an engine like dacia's but at double or 100x the price .......

just peoples views and styles , I can ask you if your not driving a cheap dacia , why are you driving that car ? etc etc etc etc

Not the same thing at all. Different cars serve different purposes. A sports car serves a different purpose than a land rover.

Closer would be of course having LED's on the underside of a car. Pointless, chavvy, and for cars illegal.

LED lighting, apart when it's functional such as LED backlight keys, bias lighting, or for information- serves no function. What is the point of LED fans, and why would you want to see how exciting (sarcasm) a PCB is when you are looking at the monitor? Why would you have distracting lights off to the side, and have a reflective glass panel next to your monitor, to reflect the image onto this annoying surface? Why would you waste desk space on a tower computer when there's space on the floor.

It is pointless, it's for nerds simply put.

Soldato
Not the same thing at all. Different cars serve different purposes. A sports car serves a different purpose than a land rover.

Closer would be of course having LED's on the underside of a car. Pointless, chavvy, and for cars illegal.

LED lighting, apart when it's functional such as LED backlight keys, bias lighting, or for information- serves no function. What is the point of LED fans, and why would you want to see how exciting (sarcasm) a PCB is when you are looking at the monitor? Why would you have distracting lights off to the side, and have a reflective glass panel next to your monitor, to reflect the image onto this annoying surface? Why would you waste desk space on a tower computer when there's space on the floor.

It is pointless, it's for nerds simply put.

a car is designed to go from A to B nothing more . Dacia have a 4x4 thats a fraction of the price then land rover- so why buy a land rover etc

why do you paint your house's internal walls, put down carpet or laminate flooring over floor boards ? just peoples views and expressions

why do we even buy Gaming PCs when a £350 off PS4 can do the trick etc etc etc - some would say we are pointless buying a Gaming PC ...

i personally hate RGB, ive come to like Phanteks halos and great for taking shots .

My personal case is a transparent Parvum case so dont need any lighting :D

just i wont state anything is pointless or a persons want is pointless as others may think aspects of your own lifestyle pointless

Back
Top Bottom