Whats up with RGB hype these days?

Soldato
a car is designed to go from A to B nothing more . Dacia have a 4x4 thats a fraction of the price then land rover- so why buy a land rover etc

why do you paint your house wall, put down carpet or laminate flooring over floor boards ? just peoples views and expressions

Not the same at all, as I already explained. Difference in cars to suit the job. A computer with LED fans improves nothing to do with core requirements of a computer.

A car with bigger tyres, or more aerodynamic body serves to improve off road handling, or to allow to move through the air with less drag.

A computer fan isn't made "better" with a LED. Unless for example that fan was in a huge array, and you could simply see if a fan failed by absense of light (like fuses with LED that light up when blown)

Paint serves a purpose, by protecting the underlaying surface. Carpet does too, by reducing noise, keeping room warm. Laminate is easy to clean, and it creates a hygenic surface.

Your analogy is not the same to LED in computers.

Just admit LED's are stupid.

Associate
Ask your average person about someone who builds their own computer and they would likely utter the words nerd, geek, dork. You dont need RGB to get that status.

Why get a case in anything other than beige? Because people like to customise & individualise stuff.

Soldato
Not the same at all, as I already explained. Difference in cars to suit the job. A computer with LED fans improves nothing to do with core requirements of a computer.

A car with bigger tyres, or more aerodynamic body serves to improve off road handling, or to allow to move through the air with less drag.

A computer fan isn't made "better" with a LED. Unless for example that fan was in a huge array, and you could simply see if a fan failed by absense of light (like fuses with LED that light up when blown)

Paint serves a purpose, by protecting the underlaying surface. Carpet does too, by reducing noise, keeping room warm. Laminate is easy to clean, and it creates a hygenic surface.

Your analogy is not the same to LED in computers.

Just admit LED's are stupid.

so why get coloured paint ? does your house have different coloured walls and paper - plaster board and job done- you have a room

But you dont have to have carpet or laminate - most odd house, people keep the original wooden flooring? are they Nerds for not putting down carpet?

Laminate is only hygenic is you clean it - leave food on it and it will get mold , like a carpet floor or bare floor boards ? bare floor boards are easy to clean, hoover it, stain it and just sand it

some houses have concrete floors.....

all done to personal choice

Associate
I've just noticed that the case in my planned build has LEDs and a glass panel.
Since the case is going to be tucked away out of sight anyway both features are pretty pointless.

Still buying the case though

Associate
so why get coloured paint ? does your house have different coloured walls and paper - plaster board and job done- you have a room

But you dont have to have carpet or laminate - most odd house, people keep the original wooden flooring? are they Nerds for not putting down carpet?

Laminate is only hygenic is you clean it - leave food on it and it will get mold , like a carpet floor or bare floor boards ? bare floor boards are easy to clean, hoover it, stain it and just sand it

some houses have concrete floors.....

all done to personal choice

Just look at even low spec cars like a Citroen DS3 now – you can customise the exterior and interior colours many different ways. Go more upmarket and Mercedes regularly do red, pink, yellow trim outside and in. Adds no practical benefit but makes the owner think they have something more unique and to their own taste. That’s what many people want and its not just the younger generation. If you don’t then no problem but it doesn’t make others stupid because they do.

Soldato
Just look at even low spec cars like a Citroen DS3 now – you can customise the exterior and interior colours many different ways. Go more upmarket and Mercedes regularly do red, pink, yellow trim outside and in. Adds no practical benefit but makes the owner think they have something more unique and to their own taste. That’s what many people want and its not just the younger generation. If you don’t then no problem but it doesn’t make others stupid because they do.

mini is the king of this :D

Soldato
So totally pointless then.
So is your haircut.
So are any clothes you own that aren't in the material's natural colour.
So is anything you own that has a brand name or logo.

It's a computer not a christmas tree.
Some of us grew up in the 70s and 80s, when computers were wonderful spaceship-flying, car-driving wonders with blinking lights all over the place. Others grew up with Apple products and the spartan white Scandi sterile hospital look.
It's not about what you think of someone else's aesthetic preferences - It's about giving people options. If you don't like it, turn it off.

Soldato
You are comparing function over form. Haircut is seen as fashion, so are clothing.

Not the same at all. A computer was not a fashion product, only recently it has. But it's core is to compute, not to have LED lighting that serves no purpose, does not make it faster, computer quicker, or be more reliable.

Closest would be fast the furious type cars...which are stupid. It's to appeal to a certain demographic and to create a market.

http://automotivepartsuppliers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Pimped-Out-Car.jpg
and
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7Trp_fCv79o/maxresdefault.jpg

Soldato
You are comparing function over form. Haircut is seen as fashion, so are clothing.
Both are pretty much required. But you still get to choose what colour/shape you want them to come in.
Anything where you have a choice over the colour, shape, design or anything else that does not directly affect the primary function - So yes, it's exactly the same, particularly since I can almost guarantee you do exercise such choices somewhere in your life!!

Not the same at all. A computer was not a fashion product, only recently it has. But it's core is to compute, not to have LED lighting
And yet people have been painting 'useless' non-functional designs and things on their boring beige cases since the 80s.
Same with many other things, in fact...

Does thou really thinkest that yon knights and yeomen all went a' warring and not one of them remark'ed upon another's choice of gold filligree and bejewelled pommels upon their swordes?

Associate
mini is the king of this :D

A chap I know said he was looking for a 2nd hand Bentley Continental GT and came across one at a dealer that was purple outside and the leather and interior was yellow – apparently to match the original owners favourite trousers and shirt (the mind boggles). You can literally personalise whatever you want if you are willing to pay for it.

Soldato
A chap I know said he was looking for a 2nd hand Bentley Continental GT and came across one at a dealer that was purple outside and the leather and interior was yellow – apparently to match the original owners favourite trousers and shirt (the mind boggles). You can literally personalise whatever you want if you are willing to pay for it.

hahaha

im honestly waiting for someone - guessing NZXT to make a lightbox for the PSU shroud that will glow with RGB ! again my personally tastes for RGB are low or limited but would catch the RGB market .

and my parvum frosted case... I tried 3 phanteks halo's in there, on top of the single on board LED strip... jesus was like a UFO! haha

Associate
and my parvum frosted case... I tried 3 phanteks halo's in there, on top of the single on board LED strip... jesus was like a UFO! haha

Do you still have the Halos fitted? I am toying with idea on the Pro M case – two on the front 120mm and 1 on the rear 140mm. I was wondering if they work as well with black fan blades compared to white – which did you have? And I assume the fit in front of the fan rather than behind (looking from outside case inwards)?

Any reason for the Aluminium ones over the plastic other than aesthetics and then who is gonna see them? My only thought was with fans and a radiator bolted to them the metal ones might be best.

Soldato
Do you still have the Halos fitted? I am toying with idea on the Pro M case – two on the front 120mm and 1 on the rear 140mm. I was wondering if they work as well with black fan blades compared to white – which did you have? And I assume the fit in front of the fan rather than behind (looking from outside case inwards)?

Any reason for the Aluminium ones over the plastic other than aesthetics and then who is gonna see them? My only thought was with fans and a radiator bolted to them the metal ones might be best.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31519334/

my personal ones are on the inside of parvum case

Back
Top Bottom