Whats wrong with EPIC?

Man of Honour
Soldato
OP
Where you @jonneymendoza ? What are your thoughts on the above? :)
I'm here and have read it.

Don't care too much about rumors of epic scrapping data off my system. origin Google Apple, Steam etc do it anyway.

I got more importantly things in life to worry about tbh.

I've given up to the point that all tech software we use scraps your data in one form or the other and if you want to become truly anonymous in this digital world, your better off not going online at all

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'm here and have read it.

Don't care too much about rumors of epic scrapping data off my system. origin Google Apple, Steam etc do it anyway.

I got more importantly things in life to worry about tbh.

I've given up to the point that all tech software we use scraps your data in one form or the other and if you want to become truly anonymous in this digital world, your better off not going online at all
Fair enough mate :)

Soldato
OP
Fair enough mate :)
Yea i thought some of the reasons would be that epic doesnt work on many peoples pc's

People losing game saves. epic store taking your money but doesnt add the item to your account?

Those sorts of reasons i was looking for. Game breaking reasons really but seems that after 4 pages of ramblings, it is down to peple just moaning about exclusives(origin has exclusives, many many more) and rumoured spyware tracking you(Your actual browser reading this is most likely tracking you)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yea i thought some of the reasons would be that epic doesnt work on many peoples pc's

People losing game saves. epic store taking your money but doesnt add the item to your account?

Those sorts of reasons i was looking for. Game breaking reasons really but seems that after 4 pages of ramblings, it is down to peple just moaning about exclusives(origin has exclusives, many many more) and rumoured spyware tracking you(Your actual browser reading this is most likely tracking you)
Well we are all different. What may matter to you, may not be a big deal to me and vice versa. Horses for courses as they say.

Man of Honour

Mine isn't (*). You can take steps to protect yourself against that. You can't protect yourself against Epic's malware if you install their "launcher", which is malware with a launcher attached.

I don't use Origin, either, but there is a difference between a dev restricting their own games to their own launcher/spyware and a dev restricting other dev's games in the same way.

* Pale Moon with Noscript. DuckDuckGo for searching, by the way. Google isn't necessary.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Mine isn't (*). You can take steps to protect yourself against that. You can't protect yourself against Epic's malware if you install their "launcher", which is malware with a launcher attached.

I don't use Origin, either, but there is a difference between a dev restricting their own games to their own launcher/spyware and a dev restricting other dev's games in the same way.

* Pale Moon with Noscript. DuckDuckGo for searching, by the way. Google isn't necessary.
Been using DDG for about a year now, works fine for me. Only time I find myself using google is when searching for cheapest prices when buying something, which is not that often.

Back
Top Bottom