What's your most amazing live football experience?

Soldato
im quite sure we wont see some regular forum posters here because we all know most of them dont go to matches and are armchair experts.

For me its beating Bolton 5-0 in the semi final last year. First time at the new wembo and it was just amazing we could have won that game 10-0 we dominated the whole game.

Shame we ballsed up the final so much :(

Soldato
You went or saw it live on TV?

Was an epic game, so much riding on it, then WHU went 2-0 and that was it but then it all changed, you cant buy going to games like that and seeing it happen before your eyes. You cant get that from a TV screen.

Was there

East Stand Row E seat 127 (still got my ticket by pc lol)

:D

Soldato
City v Napoli also a close 3rd as it was our first CL game and at it was at home. Players didnt turn up but still the CL tune and everything was immense.
Sorry for posting 3 but its hard to choose!

The CL tune immense? it just used to get in the way of YNWA :p stupid pos tune, especially when UEFA started dictating exactly what time it had to be played.

Associate
FA Cup Final.

Walking into the seating area of Wembley ( walked 5 minutes before kick off) and seeing a sea of red and blue. The noise was intense and flags everywhere Awesome.

Yes we lost, but i was part of Stoke City history that day and proud to be so.

Soldato
FA Cup Final.

Walking into the seating area of Wembley ( walked 5 minutes before kick off) and seeing a sea of red and blue. The noise was intense and flags everywhere Awesome.

Yes we lost, but i was part of Stoke City history that day and proud to be so.

Honestly i count the final as one of my worst expericnes. Was amazing getting in to the final but the feeling of losing knowing it will be another 100 odd years until another final was heart wrenching.

Staying behind like we all agreed to clap the winning team was just horrible i made it up until the mercenary Tevez (who wanted out of city at the time) started to lift the cup and point to there fans like he actually gives a crap. Then i had to bail as i just felt so heart wrenched and down.
y
Ive not ever seen a replay of the final and i never want to :(

thays why i prefer the Semi Final :D

You dont get emitions like that watching on TV!

Caporegime
I've been to precisely three matches. Southampton at the Dell when I was really little, Dunfermline vs Hearts about 8 or 9 years ago (more mince on the pitch than in the pies that day. Hearts were dire and lost 2-0) and Livingston when they won promotion to Division 1 for the first time a good few years ago. Now I have kids it's just far too expensive!

Man of Honour
Own club:
Arsenal 3-0 Villarreal in the Champions League quarterfinal, very good atmosphere

Other clubs:
Saints 3-2 Sheffield United, last day of the seasons, Saints won to stay up. Again a fantastic atmosphere complete with pitch invasion :)

Soldato
A mate and myself were on holiday in Calella Spain in 2001, we managed to grab 2 tickets to see Barcalona Vs Valencia at the Nou Camp. It was the last game of the season and Barca needed to win for a place in the champions league.

To say that this game was amazing to watch is an understatement, even watching from the rafters we could see everything, and there were 5 superb goals, including an amazing hat-trick from Rivaldo, in which he won the game with a spectacular overhead kick, the stadium just exploded and went mental.

I just wished I had a better camera at the time, but still have great memories.

Back
Top Bottom