∞ Whats your start up time? Or how fast are you?

Soldato
We're spoilt these days. I used to be able to go make a brew while waiting for Win98 boxes to come on.

Then you'd wait a bit more after login.

Then twiddle your thumbs while trying to make a dialup connection.

"Who's on the phone?!"

Soldato
But with Windows 8 it's stupidly fast, it saves a lot of info in a hibernation-esque file, so booting takes literally seconds.

Yeah if you're talking about rapid start then damn it's fast.... too fast the BIOS skips everything and starts loading the image off the SSD. Done in a couple of seconds and then you have to wait for the monitors to switch on LOL :D

On the con side I never got it working with 16gig of RAM as it's aimed for ultrabooks and 8gig

Soldato
This persons video shows pretty much how my Crosshair IV Formula loads but a bit shorter as there's a few things that pops up on his compared to mine. Like the screen before the core unlocker and core unlocker itself.

Now that's quick but I would hate to see his startup folder :D

Last edited:
Permabanned
We're spoilt these days. I used to be able to go make a brew while waiting for Win98 boxes to come on.

Then you'd wait a bit more after login.

Then twiddle your thumbs while trying to make a dialup connection.

"Who's on the phone?!"

haha yes those were the days.
dial up oh the joys.

Associate
That doesnt matter, metal mackeys point was phil2008 thinks anything that isnt really needed is a waste of power, so even if it used 1 watt all night its still 1 watt more than it needed too.

Metal mackey doesnt care about using or wasting power btw......... its phil that had a pop at him on msn/skype then comes on here with the complete opposite opinion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom