When are you going fully electric?

I make the model 3 £160 a year but whatever. Near enough one tenth of what I'm paying.

Beer and maths don’t mix and I have correct. The point is the advantage of an EV from a tax perspective is huge.

It’s the reason why I’m justifying putting more into my car (to get an EV) as the overall net is I’m better off.

I will also save £150 a month on fuel.

Do keep up at the back

Posting a comment about EVs when taking about the taycan suggests you're not keeping up at the back. There's multiple reasons why the taycan in particular has a problem.

Increased depreciation on EVs as a whole is very recent occurrence go back a couple of years and it's a different market. Why the market has shifted is again due to multiple factors.

Whats a couple of years got to do with anything?
If one has just taken a massive kick in the balls ref depreciation, then I very much doubt they'll take much solice in the fact things weren't always that way.

Yup, and without stating the bleedin obvious, but when dealers discount heavily from new it absolutely annhilates the used market.

It's not the dealer, it's the manufacturers.

They started a price war and companies like Tesla and Chinese brands aren't really interested in their used prices, so they are burning their used car market in this price war.

There's also the market adjusting to increased supply, cheaper battery production, falling govt subsidies. Increasing numbers of EVs putting pressure on the charging infrastructure and that's not keeping up. Gouging on public charging, and a massive anti EV media bias. That's before you get into company tax incentives.

Anyone paying even a tiny amount of attention and doing a tiny bit of research wouldn't be buying a expensive new premium unicorn vehicle in that market unless you've money to burn.

Whats a couple of years got to do with anything?
If one has just taken a massive kick in the balls ref depreciation, then I very much doubt they'll take much solice in the fact things weren't always that way.
No different to buying an over priced house just before the market goes pop.

Time has everything to do with it. Not least the pandemic and then that it's constantly changing technology.

Last edited:
Guy buys Taycan on finance then is shocked when it comes to trading it in..

I’m not quite sure why he’s so upset.
What was he expecting on a Taycan that he’s purchased on finance???
Didn’t he do his research first?

This is MacMaster - his social media purely exists to bashing EV’s, so that he can generate income to run his EV :cry:

He started the channel reviewing food outlets then about 18 months ago realised EV clickbait was lucrative and switched to pushing out mostly garbage BS videos.

That said, he’s clearly not very bright.

He thrives on being negative about it, could have sold it at the height of the car shortage for almost the same as he paid for it, he said he hated it since he got it, yet still chose to drive it.

Please don't post his drivel and spread his utter FUD in here, and clicks or links is like posting 'stories' form the Daily Fail

Oh yeah.. his main job reviewing Fish 'n' Chips, right? :cry: :cry: :cry:

No just a similar price, same brand 4 door hatch saloon thing. I think we would all see the same trend.

Like I said. Data driven. You seemed a to have jumped in thinking I’ve stated an opinion.

I'm thinking...theres reasons theres so many Taycans for sale and it won't be reflected in a straight comparison with a panameras. As such they are not comparable. It's data distortion not data driven.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom