When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
Oh they get used - when in reverse, the first braking of the day, below 5mph and when more braking power than the motor can prove is required.
I wasn't suggesting they don't. They'll still need to get greased up every so often to prevent it happening and make sure they actually last as long as you expect.

Soldato
While true, you'd be very wise to have them greased every couple of years to stop the callipers sizing though.
to be clear I am not saying this isn't true.... however every time I hear about greasing brakes reminds me of when my mum god bless her, put vaseline on my rally grifter wheels to stop my brakes from squealing when I was about 10 years old......

luckily no major harm done...... but it did scare me enough that I remember it at least 38 years later.

Last edited:
Soldato
to be clear I am not saying this isn't true.... however every time I hear about greasing brakes reminds me of when my mum god bless her, put vaseline on my rally grifter wheels to stop my brakes from squealing when I was about 10 years old......

luckily no major harm done...... but it did scare me enough that I remember it at least 38 years later.
haha I'm glad you survived :p

Perhaps I should be more specific, cleaning and greasing the calliper pins to ensure they move freely and not the disks and pads :cry:

Back
Top Bottom