When are you going fully electric?

Doesn’t surprise me. I was at Membury services charging and a lady pulled in with her brand new Model 3 and had no idea what she was doing - likely because the handover at Tesla now is ‘here’s the car, off you go’ and not everyone reads up on how to do this stuff in advance. In any case, she clearly needed help and instead of offering to help or show her what needed doing, the chap in the next bay in his Model X decided to watch and laugh at her. The guy the other side avoided all eye contact.
I showed her what she needed to do (hadn’t even set up billing in the Tesla app). She was embarrassed but very thankful that not all of us are complete tools.

I had this at Gloucester the other week, a couple of old biddies were having trouble getting one of the SWARCO units to handshake with their Zoe, all the Tesla guys just say there looking at them, I'm pretty sure one of them took a picture for the lols. I finished my rather nice sausage roll and went out to help them.

Besides that, Cardiff superchargers are hilarious. You still get super angry Tesla owners (usually Model S drivers from experience) who get proper wound up when a Polestar or Mach E pulls in to charge. I’ve seen them argue still that non-Tesla owners aren’t allowed, etc. It’s all very sad.
Doesn't surprise me at all, some of them were like that to those who bought Model 3's in the early days.

Ok so the last bit is a bit ranty but the point still stands that promoting half price charging with the caveat that you can't charge the following day is a bit pony.
There is no such thing as a free lunch...

Ok so the last bit is a bit ranty but the point still stands that promoting half price charging with the caveat that you can't charge the following day is a bit pony.
Octopus are promoting energy shifting for nerds. If you want economy 7 and not think about it, fill your boots.

There is no such thing as a free lunch...
Normally the data on how they can get us to change our habits by throwing a few pennies in our direction is payment enough though.
Octopus are promoting energy shifting for nerds. If you want economy 7 and not think about it, fill your boots.
I'm not fussed myself. I'm tight as a ducks anus generally when it comes to spending money but even I can't be bothered jumping through hoops to try and reduce my whopping 7kWh average daily usage.

I know a guy who is heavily into farming solar and selling it back at the optimum time. It just always comes across as a really hard way to make a tiny return on a massive investment. They also took half a day's holiday to take advantage of that hours free electric which I guess absolutely proves your point!

Last edited:
Might take both mine and the Mrs EV’s (Polestar and EQC) to the Gloucester services Supercharger tomorrow and see what happens…
Expect it to be busy. I was there on the first Sunday of the school holidays at lunchtime and it was full, no queue but each time someone left, the slot was filled within a few minutes. The chargers were also hitting the site power limit also so not blisteringly fast either. There were a few SWARCO units available and turning over cars as you'd expect.

Gloucester and Tebay are excellent services but the downside of places like Gloucester and Tebay is they are excellent services and people don't stop for a splash and dash. Everyone is there for at least 20-30 mins because they want to be not because they have to be.

Expect it to be busy. I was there on the first Sunday of the school holidays at lunchtime and it was full, no queue but each time someone left, the slot was filled within a few minutes. The chargers were also hitting the site power limit also so not blisteringly fast either. There were a few SWARCO units available and turning over cars as you'd expect.

Gloucester and Tebay are excellent services but the downside of places like Gloucester and Tebay is they are excellent services and people don't stop for a splash and dash. Everyone is there for at least 20-30 mins because they want to be not because they have to be.
By this same metric I assume that people desperate enough to stop at Knutsford are stood by their car ready to yank the charging cable out the second they have enough charge? :p

Back
Top Bottom