When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
Friend at work has just ordered the i4M50 for the same price as I got my Polestar. Mega jealous.
That’s what happens when you spec ~£10k’s worth of options :p

I really like the M50 but it’s not as though the Polestar is giving much away. It’s down on power, so about 0.5 seconds slower to 60 (when the M50 is set to Sport Boost driving mode) and the colour choice for M50 trumps the P2 colours.
The Polestar pulls ahead with the interior spec, with more standard kit - adaptive cruise, pano roof, 360 cameras, upgraded sound and rear heated seats (my son loves those) and some other stuff too.

Last edited:
Soldato
That’s what happens when you spec ~£10k’s worth of options :p

I really like the M50 but it’s not as though the Polestar is giving much away. It’s down on power, so about 0.5 seconds slower to 60 (when the M50 is set to Sport Boost driving mode) and the colour choice for M50 trumps the P2 colours.
The Polestar pulls ahead with the interior spec, with more standard kit - adaptive cruise, pano roof, 360 cameras, upgraded sound and rear heated seats (my son loves those) and some other stuff too.
Haha true. Guilty.

Soldato
I'm really liking the new 2022 MG ZS. Some great changes, improvements and additions plus a longer range battery.

https://mg.co.uk/media-centre/press-releases/refreshed-zs-ev-to-join-mg-motor-uk-lineup/#

leader_5_-_mg_zs_ev.jpg

Soldato
I'm really liking the new 2022 MG ZS. Some great changes, improvements and additions plus a longer range battery.

I have been wondering what price it will come in at, seems like it could be under £26-27k after the grant which isn't bad, but if they can get it at £23-24k then they'll not be able to make enough of them.

Soldato
they had updated the mg eu estate too - but I wasn't sure if we already have that in the uk

The Polestar pulls ahead with the interior spec,
ok so you have the 4K plus pack

m50 bonnet&grill looks in better proportion than that M2 loaner posted in the bm thread,
in the autogefeul review the rear leg space looked a bit encombered, nice matt blue though, obviously made some unusually critical comments about the anaesthetized steering feel, didn't seem to say if it has a heat pump to help on range - using electricity at 7am is becoming more expensive.

Soldato
I have been wondering what price it will come in at, seems like it could be under £26-27k after the grant which isn't bad, but if they can get it at £23-24k then they'll not be able to make enough of them.
I don't think it will be much more than the existing model. What you get for the price is phenomenal.

Soldato
ok so you have the 4K plus pack
I have the ‘1st Edition’ car which came with the Plus and Pilot packs included as standard.

m50 bonnet&grill looks in better proportion than that M2 loaner posted in the bm thread,
in the autogefeul review the rear leg space looked a bit encombered, nice matt blue though, obviously made some unusually critical comments about the anaesthetized steering feel, didn't seem to say if it has a heat pump to help on range - using electricity at 7am is becoming more expensive.
The Matt blue colour is a £3k option.
There are some nice metallic colours included in price though :)

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Yep, I guess if you want to call it that way you could. Shame it is another ICE platform with BEV shoe horned into it, making it worse that it could have been.
It looks identical to the 4 Gran Coupe!

The iX is a ground-up BEV tho if you want one ;)

Soldato
Not sure if any of you have seen this, but Tesla seems to be taking crash safety more seriously then most other brands.

It's nice to see the improvements.
They put out a video so they must be taking it more seriously? Pretty sure the other manufacturers are doing the same behind the scenes.
Polestar currently top the new 2021 Euro Ncap test

51587453519_4a79302f6c_c.jpg

Soldato
They put out a video so they must be taking it more seriously? Pretty sure the other manufacturers are doing the same behind the scenes.
Polestar currently top the new 2021 Euro Ncap test

Did you even watch the video?

They are testing beyond the standard tests, using crash date gathered from all their vehicles on the road, to generate real world scenarios in tests, to protect the occupants better

Soldato
Did you even watch the video?

They are testing beyond the standard tests, using crash date gathered from all their vehicles on the road, to generate real world scenarios in tests, to protect the occupants better
I dunno man, I watched it last night - it seemed great and all but doesn't really impress me. They have arguably just done an easier test than the one asked for. The fact it came with such an epic quality video that was clearly well rehearsed just screens marketing gimmick.

Also, why did they then slam the pick-up truck into the wall? :confused:

Soldato
I dunno man, I watched it last night - it seemed great and all but doesn't really impress me. They have arguably just done an easier test than the one asked for. The fact it came with such an epic quality video that was clearly well rehearsed just screens marketing gimmick.

Also, why did they then slam the pick-up truck into the wall? :confused:
This was an example of a test that they did that was above and beyond the standard tests. They are using the data from Tesla crashes, which is fed back OTA automatically by the cars systems, to adjust the timing of airbag deployment.

The truck slammed into the wall because it had just went through the front of the Tesla.

Back
Top Bottom