When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
519hp, 910Nm, 4.5 to 60.....must weight 8 tons! :cry:

A 111 kWh battery isn’t going to be light :p [The BMW iX M50 has the same size battery, power and 0-60 time and it weighs 2.5t]
Generally it’s the rolling acceleration which is more impressive, the 20-50 or 30-70mph

Soldato
It’s always the same with Telsa - they stretch the truth.
Same with the 0-60 times on their performance models - they measure it with a 1 foot roll out, so it’s actually about 6-60mph. They justify it because they how the US measure dragster speeds :rolleyes:

It is normal marketing and the motoring press allowing and even feeding the BS. There was a Model Y, vs I-Pace, vs Ioniq 5 drag race video recently. What I found telling was the way the narrative was put to declare the Model Y the winner. The thing is that the I-Pace was off the line quicker and it took about 10 seconds for the Model Y to finally pull ahead. The Ioniq 5 was about 4 car lengths slower to the finish and was hardly 'slow'.

The I-Pace is already doing about 100mph in about 10 seconds. So for all intents and purposes the I-Pace is faster to well beyond the UK speed limit. Now obvioulsy the Model Y will win in a long drag race where speed limits don't matter, because it has a top speed of 135mph compared to the I-Pace at 124mph. Yet when you read the comments you would think the I-Pace and the Ioniq 5 were some slow ass cars not worthy of being on the same track as the Model Y. The irony is that there is less than 1 second separating the 0-60 times of all 3 cars.

It's not easy to filter the crap and keep objective with all the BS and nonsense from manufacturers, or the press. Not to mention all the mindless drones who can't filter the crap they are being fed.

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure what has happened to my EV provider - my Pug has gone from £558 Gross Salary Exchanged (GSE) to £672.39 GSE...

The I-Pace EV400 S 90kWh is £1180.28 GSE!

Crikey that’s punchy, seems like a lot of the lease companies are benefiting from the sustained move to salary sacrafice.

My iPace HSE Black with option seats is £950 gross.

Associate
Salary sacrifice is basically giving the go ahead to manufacturers to keep raising prices, so long as there are ways for people to afford the increases there no reason to reign anything in.

Soldato
It sounds like the days of bargains via salary sacrifice have passed.

Depreciation on BEVs isn’t going to crash anytime soon, it seems to be very bad value to me to lease at the moment, regardless of how you do it.

Soldato
Salary sacrifice is basically giving the go ahead to manufacturers to keep raising prices, so long as there are ways for people to afford the increases there no reason to reign anything in.
Not sure many leases are direct from manufacturers anyway. Even employee ones are managed by a third party and a finance house to land a proper sale.

I’m enjoying the product focus’d discussion last few posts. Looking beyond simple metrics and more what actually matters on a car.

My IPACE has an image issue. It’s a sports car pretending to be an SUV. :p Crossed 25k in it now.

Associate
chip supply like they're just saying on r4, if china invaded Taiwan, impact on chip supply could create economic mayhem like russian invasion impact on gas/oil.
so, need some resilience investment in fabs as well as batteries, to assure bev/economy carbon targets.

Taiwan is officially the Republic of China, so how can they invaded? Study the Taiwan History please:) instead reading too much US media propaganda. If the US attacks China it will be there last war then we all can live in peace

Caporegime
Taiwan is officially the Republic of China, so how can they invaded? Study the Taiwan History please:) instead reading too much US media propaganda. If the US attacks China it will be there last war then we all can live in peace

Pretty sure the leader of Taiwan is expecting China to invade shortly...........................

Soldato
Getting just the tiniest bit off topic lol

Caporegime
Crikey that’s punchy, seems like a lot of the lease companies are benefiting from the sustained move to salary sacrafice.

My iPace HSE Black with option seats is £950 gross.

£1,320 for the HSE Black with upgraded seats on our portal atm :cry:

*places order*

tGKDb1.md.png

Caporegime
Dunno why you want the upgraded seats. £604pm for a HSE on my SS.

Took a work EV6 AWD out today for a test, better than I expected and quite liked some of the features like the scrollable heating /infotainment task bar. Handles ok but a little lacking in feedback rolled quite a bit and the delay between lifting off and regen working is very odd. Felt quick enough.

Associate
Dunno why you want the upgraded seats. £604pm for a HSE on my SS.

Took a work EV6 AWD out today for a test, better than I expected and quite liked some of the features like the scrollable heating /infotainment task bar. Handles ok but a little lacking in feedback rolled quite a bit and the delay between lifting off and regen working is very odd. Felt quick enough.

Gross or net? It makes a bit of a difference.

Soldato
Not really. I’ve got a sports cars not a hypermiler (well I have an ICE one of those anyway)

Actually I lied.

much pricier Volvo XC40 Pure Electric; it fell a more disappointing 13.7% short of the figure published in brochures. It was also the joint least efficient car in the line-up, averaging just under 3.4 miles for every kilowatt hour (kWh) of electricity stored in its battery.

And the XC40’s range and efficiency look even less impressive when you consider that the similar-sized, but vastly cheaper, MG ZS EV managed 246 miles and 3.6 miles/kWh.

See I see the opposite. A highly capable, premium interior and well appointed 4WD vehicle is less than 10% from the efficiency of a entry level vehicle from a different segment.

That’s impressive! Bigger picture please WhatCar!

Back
Top Bottom