When are you going fully electric?

Associate
What is going on? Are you seeing strong EV residuals ? I’m so lost what even points you and osprey are trying to even make now.
I'm not even talking about the residuals, just the example you gave about the time taken to repair the taycan

Caporegime
I'm not even talking about the residuals, just the example you gave about the time taken to repair the taycan
Still don’t understand the point you were making. Seems you missed a few words out the sentance ?

I just gave an example of the stories that put people off EV. Either directly or from hearing about experiences like that. People are scared of new technology ( this forum is obviously not the place to make such statement)

Last edited:
Soldato
You seem to be trying to imply adding (bolting or whatever) a incredibly stiff solid object to a car has no effect on its structural stiffness.

I’m suggesting this is not a new thing and actually bolting a battery to a body that doesn’t have a floor and then carries the seats in is actually a compromise to a typical body structure and battery then bolted in. Like a Taycan. This is pretty basic fundamentals of mechanical
Engineering so don’t argue otherwise.

I was not trying to state nor implying. When you start typing things like ‘trying to imply’ I would probably give the keyboard a rest.

Associate
Fuel tanks don’t get smaller as an ICE ages. And a ICE is relatively easy to repair. Again your view points are not reflecting the market where residuals are a concern
True but the engine will begin to wear out unless you spend a lot of money keeping it in good shape and the fuel tank will get some crap in it in time no doubt

Caporegime
True but the engine will begin to wear out unless you spend a lot of money keeping it in good shape and the fuel tank will get some crap in it in time no doubt
fuel tanks never have crap in them. Ironic though in the context of this thread, I guess you read it somewhere so it’s true?

Engines last forever nowadays and even if they lose 10% power. Most drivers won’t even notice

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m suggesting this is not a new thing and actually bolting a battery to a body that doesn’t have a floor and then carries the seats in is actually a compromise to a typical body structure and battery then bolted in. Like a Taycan. This is pretty basic fundamentals of mechanical
Engineering so don’t argue otherwise.

I was not trying to state nor implying. When you start typing things like ‘trying to imply’ I would probably give the keyboard a rest.

Which body specifically "doesn't have a floor"

You'd swear there are more Taycan's on the road, than VW Golfs, everyone and their brother seem to have one. I'm surprised so many people have £100K+ cars,

Associate
Still don’t understand the point you were making. Seems you missed a few words out the sentance ?

I just gave an example of the stories that put people off EV. Either directly or from hearing about experiences like that. People are scared of new technology ( this forum is obviously not the place to make such statement)
No I didn't miss any words out. The repair side of the battery shouldn't have taken that long but you have the same now with ICE cars now since covid.

Soldato
fuel tanks never have crap in them. Ironic though in the context of this thread, I guess you read it somewhere so it’s true?

Engines last forever nowadays and even if they lose 10% power. Most drivers won’t even notice

The one from an S5 I posted a video of earlier didn't last forever.

Soldato
Caporegime
The one from an S5 I posted a video of earlier didn't last forever.
Indeed. But come on. Everyone’s picking outliers as the normal here. There’s a reason warranty’s are 80% battery health after 8 yrs for every single EV.

Have you changed your name recently ?

Last edited:
Associate

Now that depends on how the owner looks after the refuelling of the car, engine and how much they thrash them when they drive them doesn't it? If a battery loses 10% would you notice it either?

Last edited:
Soldato

With respect I think you should stay away from the mechanical conversations.

If someone wants to get max range our of a vehicle they should just buy a diesel with a huge range. Each to their own I don't really need them to keep posting that in EV threads.

Last edited:
Soldato
Indeed. But come on. Everyone’s picking outliers as the normal here. There’s a reason warranty’s are 80% battery health after 8 yrs for every single EV.

Have you changed your name recently ?

Combustion engines have been destroying themselves for 100yrs. You trying to tell us they never fail. Pull the other one.

Why is there no warranty on ICE guaranteeing range.

Last edited:
Associate
With respect I think you should stay away from the mechanical conversations.

If someone wants to get max range our of a vehicle they should just buy a diesel with a huge range. Each to their own I don't really need them to keep posting that in EV threads.
Why, I pay out every year to have my Mokka serviced which if I didn't and just ran the car, it wouldn't last long would it?

Soldato
Is that range at 130mph with a headwind, and 5 people in the car. Or the world champion hypermiling on their own at 50mph.
It’s a battery diagnosis of the state of charge window in each is the current counting parts of the cell supervisory circuits to measure Ah status against new.

So no nothing do with with range, but you already knew that as you are a smartarse yeah? just not quite cracked the smart bit yet?

Back
Top Bottom