When was the last time u prayed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
As per the title. Don't worry im not getting all religious and sandal wearing or anything like that. I know a lot of people are currently atheist, agnostic or completely indifferent to religion. When was the last time you prayed and for what reason ?

Soldato
kreeeee said:
Same, I don't believe in any of that rubbish. Even in a time where I need a miracle praying would be pointless.

I'm a total athiest, but I wouldn't refer to it as rubbish. If people get comfort from their faith then I've no right to slate it.

The exception to that is when people try to ram religion down my throat, but that isn't what this thread is about.

Don
I'm the same as those who have stated they haven't prayed since I was at school.

It's quite awkward when my family say grace and I refuse to. We always end up having a row about them forcing their beliefs on me.

Permabanned
burbleflop said:
I've not prayed since they stopped forcing us to at school.
I never even used to do that. At the words "Now bow your heads" I just sat there. Didn't make a fuss, didn't say anything, just used to look blankly ahead or at the teachers who stood at the side of the hall. Most had their eyes closed in prayer, but one or two would scan the room looking for people who weren't praying. Most of the non-prayers were muslim, but every now and again one of them would end up in a "Who looks away first" competition with me. no one ever actually called me on it, but I figured given it was the right of the islamic people in the hall to not pray, I was just as within my right not to bow my head and murmer stuff I thought was tosh.

Apart from exclaimations of surprise (or mock surprise) ripping off various cartoons or comedy shows with sayings like 'Sweet Jesus on a stick' and 'Mary, mother of God WTF are you talking about?!' I've not prayed since I was about 6.

Permabanned
Since a really bad accident involving a member of the family, I thank the good Lord for every new day. It's moments like these that make you wonder if there is a higher being as something/one saved the day.

Soldato
yermum said:
Since a really bad accident involving a member of the family, I thank the good Lord for every new day. It's moments like these that make you wonder if there is a higher being as something/one saved the day.

Why, when something bad happens but they survive/are found do people always assume it's something to do with God? Same thing happened to my mate, his sister did a runner and they found her. The reason? God. Nowt to do with the checking of switch card activity and finding where she was staying.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom