When was the last time you saw a police car?

Every time I go to office as there's always at least one outside the train station.

Round where we live, hardly ever. In 4 years we've lived here I can only think of 3 occasions seeing a police car on our road.

I played a points game with my 4yo today. A cement mixer was 5. A fire engine was 1000. I kid you not she saw a cement mixer and said it's actually a concrete mixer, and then I saw a fire engine and pwnt her big time.

Not often its usually when they have the blues and twos going and they're on their way to an incident somewhere. On friday/saturday evenings when the boy racers etc treat the road into town like a race track, not at all.

Last edited:
Some might be fire "chief" or paramedic, etc. but I've seen more unmarked than marked units in recent years. I've also seen some instances of karma involving unmarked police which is quite satisfying i.e. brake checking the unmarked car.

Marked units are not especially rare but not a common sighting in general - though every other day a marked unit, community support rather than regular police though, does a lap of the trading estate I work on. I had a talk with them once and they said they are really only able to observe and provide a presence and can't deal with most things unless supporting a regular officer i.e. if they spot someone breaking into a building they can only shout at them and record the activity, but weirdly are allowed to directly intervene in any situation involving alcohol i.e. if they spot someone obviously drunk or consuming alcohol while in charge of a vehicle. So a visibly drunk thief would be fair game :cry:

Last edited:
All the time/every day because London. Not surprised to see them parked up outside my house either, given there’s a great greasy spoon round the corner :p

I used to commute to Leicester Square station and there was always an armed police car parked up when you came out of the station.

Back
Top Bottom