Where do I start with Battlestar Galactica?

Soldato
The mini series/pilot episodes are the highlights of the rebooted BSG, in my opinion.

From there on in can get a bit flabby in places, yet it does have some grand old moments, but once you finish the 3rd season it rapidly heads down the toilet.

Hoperfully I won't get flushed out on an airlock for venturing this thought. :D

Caporegime
The mini series/pilot episodes are the highlights of the rebooted BSG, in my opinion.

From there on in can get a bit flabby in places, yet it does have some grand old moments, but once you finish the 3rd season it rapidly heads down the toilet.

Hoperfully I won't get flushed out on an airlock for venturing this thought. :D

The fourth season suffered with the writer's strike, and with trying to tidy everything up. It still has good bits, and I do think it ends well, but I agree it's patchy by that point.

Soldato
There's a death in there that really hits me hard, because it is so unjust.

lol I remember the praising on the internet after that aired. That person was literally the most hated in the show by a long shot. Every week on the scifi forums were people bitching.

Personally I saw no issue...but haters gonna hate.

Also:
The actor playing Billy actually wanted to leave the show to be in the new Knight Rider - which massively flopped. What a ****

Caporegime
I swear lll rewatch this because 1st time round it started to bore my socks off.
Way too religeony and gulf war 2 jihad nonsense, that only makes sense to me.

Did they ever meet any old school " by your command" cylons?

Soldato
I swear lll rewatch this because 1st time round it started to bore my socks off.
Way too religeony and gulf war 2 jihad nonsense, that only makes sense to me.

Did they ever meet any old school " by your command" cylons?

It had the same "I hope it's going to get better soon" aspect like SG Universe.

Soldato
Given the Gayatri Mantra title theme tune and ties in to things like Hinduism with the cycles of existence thing, I felt that season 4 ended in a manner consistent with the whole premise of the show.

Tbh I was teary eyed at the end - it was well executed, despite being rushed.

My only gripe is they didn't give the Chief's character any closure.

Man of Honour
Mini-series?

The intro has flashes of what happens that episode as well so unless it actually says last time (I can't remember) don't assume they are shots from a previous one.

Permabanned
OP
Once you are done with BSG, get on Firely, then Serenity as well :D

Already done em!

Sadly didn't get a chance to watch them. They'd disappeared from Prime and don't really have the funds to spare on a box set at present.

Have a long weekend off for this months payday though so going to grab them then!

Back
Top Bottom