Which charities (if any) do you donate to?

Soldato
I'm interested to know which charities, if any, the members of OcUk donate to/support. At the moment I have 3 direct debits:

Dog's Trust: £10 a month
RSPCA: £10 a month
Water aid: £4 a month

It doesn't take a genius to work out I'm a bit of an animal lover! I need to set-up a direct debit with the Meningitis trust due to recently falling victim to the virus.

So who do you donate to? :)

Soldato
I give all the cash I find that people have dropped to the British heart foundation, £60 so far £20 note last weekend.

Soldato
I don't give to any on a regular basis - no DD setup or anything like that.
However as my kidney's have failed forcing me onto dialysis and awaiting a transplant.
I give to Kidney Research whenever I can so they can hopefully stop other people having to go through what I'm going through.

Soldato
Used to volenteer at Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity, but the board memebers decided to basically commit fraud and the charity commission won't do anything about it so we've left and are starting at another local animal rescue, while we watch the Barnsley one go down the toilet.

Soldato
I don't donate regularly but I man the phones each year for Sport Relief taking donations and I cycled the Coast To Coast route (130 miles) a couple of Saturday's ago for Cancer Research UK.

Soldato
UK government about £800 a month...

the missus also donates a lot to that charity as well as some dog charity (however thats only £10 a month)

Soldato
As long as government takes 65% of what I earn every month, private charities can forget about my money.

If it dropped to say, 20%, I would give another 20% to private charities gladly.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
I usually chuck whatever spare change I've got in the nearest charity pot, and I also tend to help people out if they're doing something for sponsorship.

Don't really have a 'charity' so to speak, but I'm more likely to give to cancer charities or the BHF if I see them. I've also donated a fair few things to Oxfam. I think grassroots organisations in developing countries also need all the help they can get.

Back
Top Bottom