Which charities (if any) do you donate to?

Soldato
Currently I have four on direct debit:

Help for Heroes
Cancer Research
NSPCC
Great Ormond Street Hospital

But of a sucker when it comes to adverts that pull at your heart strings :(

One thing I’m not too chuffed with is the amount of crap two of these send out to me via the post, I’d rather they take my donations and use them wisely, I don’t read the ‘junk mail’ they send out.

Soldato
Just out of curiosity; do any of you that donate regularly know exactly where the money goes? What percentage of the money goes towards advertising, mailing lists, executive pay, medicine/raw materials/food/water/aid/etc.?

Soldato
Just out of curiosity; do any of you that donate regularly know exactly where the money goes? What percentage of the money goes towards advertising, mailing lists, executive pay, medicine/raw materials/food/water/aid/etc.?
They have to publish their accounts with the Charity Commission, website:

E.g. for NSPCC:

2aj8epe.png

Gog

Gog

Associate
Monthly direct debits to Help the Hospices and also to the RNLI.

Sporadic donations throughout the year to the Poppy Appeal and to the Shark Trust.

Soldato
Hhmm i actually dont give anything monthly, but i think i should, not too sure what or where but i think £30ish, and deff something armed services based, will take a look.

Soldato
I donate a certain percentage (forget how much) of my wage each month to certain military/RAF charities. This is done automatically and obviously the amount I donate goes up when my wage does :)

Associate
Support the RNLI (lifeboat) £15pm. Charity seems like big business now, although i suppose they have to be. When we were on Honeymoon we met a couple (in their 50's) who ran a cancer charity. They took home around 25k each. Not a huge amount, but enough for the apathy to kick in. Donate x amount to help the needy or contribute to help fuel the CEO's car?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom