• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
ryzen over 3000Mhz need samsung Bdie. ryzen over 3600mhz is getting to the point of impossible but can still be done with the absolute best ram.
intel just tends to work with anything.

look att he photo intel with 2666mhz ram (and i bet its cheap crap) is within 5-8% of ryzen @4.2Ghz running 3400Mhz ram. i can guarantee you thats not corsair budget ram.
i would love to know why in the 2 tests OC and none OC they changed the ram?

I got G.Skill Ripjaws that run 3466MHz on both my B350 and X470. They are only 150 Quids.

Caporegime
intel i5 can currently beat on avg any amd cpu in games. i7 is even quicker. i9 quicker slightly again. threadripper isnt beating any of them. on avg in games.

intel has better ipc plus mhz advantage currently. so it doesnt matter about cores. as intel have the cores needed for gaming covered also the extra mhz and the ipc currently. so there is no point in buying any cpu amd wise or intel until new cpus are out. on avg intel in games are 15 percent ipc in front . then the extra clock speed. so quite a bit. for high hz monitors and gaming it really helps mattters.

just wait till summer grab relevant amd cpu. if they are that quick intel will drop prices to compete aswell so its win win. there is no point now in buying anything amd at the moment.none.unless its obviously cheap .

First the IPC difference is 5% not 15% and if his Ryzen 1600 is running at

Ok, i tried this. My cpu seems to be almost always hovering around 90 - 100%

Then an i5 with only 6 threads will not gain him any performance at any clock speed.

As @Orange Nexus pointed out...

s1TtfPP.jpg

And...

0S3MLtf.png

@Matthew Sheridan my advice is get a £30 after market cooler, overclock the 1600 to 3.8Ghz, that will get you back up to about 150 FPS and wait for Ryzen 3000.

Don't get an i5, that will get you nothing, maybe even a performance regression.

Last edited:
Caporegime
i5 not overclocked just like most of these stupid benchmarks. look at the stock vs stock then they dont overclock the i5 LOL. so stupid not only that they use faster ram hahahahahahahhhhhhaahsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Caporegime
i5 not overclocked just like most of these stupid benchmarks. look at the stock vs stock then they dont overclock the i5 LOL. so stupid not only that they use faster ram hahahahahahahhhhhhaahsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Its an i5 8400, they don't overclock, its not AMD's fault Intel are stingy.

The 7800K is running 400Mhz faster and yet is still slower in the game we are talking about... oh dear. IPC on those Skylake-X CPU's a bit naff compared with Zen+? its gotabe what? 10 to 15% slower per core per clock vs Zen+?

Permabanned

so he should do a full system chance and but an i5 because its faster at stock speeds?
is that your advice?

Soldato
I hate these intel/amd fan boys that keep popping up....... Just get the best cpu for the job in hand, amd or intel,,, But its mainly the gpu that you need to look into with gaming, because no matter how fast the cpu is, it wont speed up games if you have a rubbish gpu. All gpu's has a max speed they can run at and when you have hit that limit, its time for a faster gpu, or make do.

Im still using my good old ati r9 290 gpu with my i7 8086 cpu and games do not run 100fps+ but they run plenty smooth enough for me at high to max detail.. But saying that I might treat myself to a "RTX 2060" in a few months time.

Where's all the AMD gpu's gone?? I haven't had a NVIDIA gpu in over 10 yrs, but I might have to this time as there very few amd cards to choose from.

Last edited:
Associate
gigabyte ga-ab350 gaming m mobo i think, 16gb hyper x ddr4 ram, cant remember speed, stock cooler that came with ryzen5 1600

Same here with a stock cooler BUT I replaced the paste with MX-4. Load optimized default (found under Save & Exit tab), use HWINFO64 (run it in the background during a game), and check your readings. Example of temps in Apex . . .

https://i.imgur.com/QjYYbr0.png

Make sure none of the temps are reaching 80c, especially the CPU, Tctl and Tdie. RAM should not be heating up since its at default running less than Spec. RAM temp should be way below 50c at load even at spec.

Also, just want to make sure your RAM sticks are installed in A2B2.

Back
Top Bottom