OP
Pretty much sums up my thoughts regarding original digital design of Xbox One:
qc5.gif
Lol, spot on :D

Man of Honour
OP
What makes it more expensive then :confused:

ps3ud0 :cool:
I think you're missing his point. Kinect is a component of Xbox One, much like the GPU, CPU and HDD. Yes, the fact it's there adds to the cost, but it's not like you get a seperate box and it's a forced bundle. The whole package, the sum total of all the components, is the reason for its cost.

Man of Honour
OP
I think I get it, so why is it so diffcult to comprehend the idea of having a Kinect-less XO? Unlike the GPU, CPU and HDD, the XO would work quite fine without it no?

ps3ud0 :cool:
The reasoning is that MS want to make sure everyone who buys an Xbox One has a Kinect. They obviously see it as an integral part of their future vision.

Man of Honour
OP
Yes, I'm sorry. Kinect and a blu ray drive have the complete same functionality and are both essential to a large number of people to be able to use their console to play video games.
I didn't say they had the same functionality at all, did I? I said they are both hardware features of the console which you can choose to use, or not. I'm not wrong.

Man of Honour
OP
Attaching a ***** would also be a feature, great idea to force it on consumers ramming the price up with already inferior hardware.
It could turn out to be a mistake, I agree on that, but time will tell. For all we know, some smart developer out there could come up with some killer gameplay features that rely on Kinect, that they choose to leave out of their PS4 game because they know only a small percentage has the PS4 Eye.

Let's be clear on this, I'm not saying I fully agree with them on adding Kinect to the console, but I do understand why they're doing it, and why it makes the console more expensive. MS obviously have a vision for the future, a vision that includes Kinect. It therefore makes perfect sense for them to make sure everyone has one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom