• I will buy neither console

Votes: 88 8.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 120 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I can see myself with both eventually as I do now, but I'll definitely have a PS4 first. The 360 has left me a little disappointed recently, there hasn't been many particularly amazing exclusives (Forza Horizon was the last one I bought), and this year is particularly dry compared to the PS3's line-up. That, plus the fact that many of the games I bought a 360 for eventually went to PC and/or PS3, means I'll probably wait to see what else it offers.

Associate
Xbox One, I want more than just a gaming device, and yes the PS4 also is but it's U.I doesn't seem as laser focused on that aspect. It's all about the games with Sony and for the first couple of years they may have the momentum because of it, while the Xbox Media capabilities seem ''US Centric'' at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Premier League as one of the announcements for ''Fantasy Football'' for the UK customer base, after all EA are in bed with the Premier League already for stats tracking and what not. Doesn't make the console better but if they're after the Sports Gamer then they'll win the sports nuts over with that type of functionality. They tested the party concept on the Xbox and failed, but with more robust features it could catch on. I've watched a few premier league games with me and a bunch of friends on Xbox Live from time to time.. so if it goes to the next level (Skype+Fantasy Football + The Match all at the same time that'd be decent)

Maybe that only appeals to me and 1 or 2 others I don't know but that'd be awesome.

Twitch.tv streaming is a decent feature but only if you can build a following quite quickly I suppose.

Soldato
Voted undecided, yet ironically voted Xbox 1 previously.

If pushed, I'll probably purchase the One first, simply down to having a 360 beforehand and i'm just more used to it's ecosystem. Hardware differences aint that much for me to swing either way.

One thing putting me off the Xbox is, being resident in Gibraltar, who knows how long until any kind of relevant service (or indeed the ability to use xbox live) is available to me, might not be an issue as i'll probably not purchase either console until 6 months into their lifecycle.

Associate
PS4 doesn't appeal to me, and can't help feel I'm being robbed for £430 with the Xbox One. I'll maybe wait a few months after release/until after Christmas and see if I can pick one up for a better deal. I definitely want to play Forza 5, The Division, Halo and CoD, also some of the features of the console look great, so I know I will get an Xbox One eventually.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Undecided this time. Voted PS4 last time. Starting to think I'll give it a few months after launch to see how both consoles settle in before making my decision.

Associate
I was going to get both before the reveals etc but the whole trade in thing made me choose ps4 but now trading in is not a problem I'm getting both . Wasn't really bothered by the whole always connect thing :) one thing I do like to do is buy all games brand new and if the game has little replay value I like to trade in and put towards a new title I also keep all my triple a titles and have built up a nice collection :D I also like to lend my games out to family and friends who can't always afford to buy games every week/month

Caporegime
No change for me, Sony just seem to align with my own values when it comes to gaming (and the same could be said for developers) and now MS just appear to really not know what they are doing. Looking at how the PS3 and X360 were supported its easy for me to stick with the PS4 and thats before I even consider the differences in hardware.

Im now much less likely to get an XO because it does nothing different to a PS4 but is more expensive and much less powerful, at least the cloud had some potential.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom