Which popular TV show shall i binge watch next?

Soldato
Justified - most under rated show ever. Amazing.

The Americans - Maybe second most under rated show, still going though.

The Wire - Can be slow, but fantastic TV. Best ending of a show I can recall.

The Shield - Start to finish action, great story line, not sure about the ending but many people loved it.

Caporegime
Six Feet Under is worth a watch, but it does seem to take pride in putting its characters through relentlessly awful things. The ending is brilliant, though.

The West Wing is brilliant as well. It’s lighter in many ways than a lot of stuff being suggested, but it’s so well written and well acted, the cast is just brilliant. It’s also got one of the best onscreen romances I’ve ever seen on tv, and I say that on the basis that most are just abysmally handled.

Soldato
OP
Ok so since yesterday I’ve watched 6 episodes of Sons of Anarchy and so far just not feeling it. It’s like the A Team with bikers. Just seems almost ridiculous the things they go round doing i thought it was going to be far more gritty than it is. I’ll give it until the end of season 1 and then call it a day on that I think.
It’s going to be hard finding something that will be as addictive as Breaking Bad that I’ve just watched entirely over the last few months.
As for the other suggestions from everyone I’ve either seen some of them or not really interested having googled each one and watched the trailers for them so I am probably going to give Justafied a go next as it looks and sounds really good I have never even heard of it until you guys mentioned it. Will also give the Wire a go as it seems highly regarded

Soldato
Ok so since yesterday I’ve watched 6 episodes of Sons of Anarchy and so far just not feeling it. It’s like the A Team with bikers. Just seems almost ridiculous the things they go round doing i thought it was going to be far more gritty than it is. I’ll give it until the end of season 1 and then call it a day on that I think.

I've done the same. Watched 1 season, wondered what the appeal was and stopped.

I am probably going to give Justafied a go next as it looks and sounds really good I have never even heard of it until you guys mentioned it. Will also give the Wire a go as it seems highly regarded

I look forward to hearing your thoughts :)

Soldato
Lol, sons of anarchy was an odd pick in the face of so many good options :D

I enjoyed these:
Hell on Wheels (surprised how good it was, particularly s1 and S2)
Vikings (amazing)
Gotham (don't like superhero stuff generally. This was more like a crime series, at least to start with)
Bosch
Hand of God
Taboo

These were crap:
Copper
Black Sails

Soldato
Lol, sons of anarchy was an odd pick in the face of so many good options :D

I enjoyed these:
Hell on Wheels (surprised how good it was, particularly s1 and S2)
Vikings (amazing)
Gotham (don't like superhero stuff generally. This was more like a crime series, at least to start with)
Bosch
Hand of God
Taboo

These were crap:
Copper
Black Sails

I thought Black Sails was pretty decent?

Guess you don't like pirates!

Soldato
Yeah, I loved Black Sails too, as did most in the thread for it.

I'm enjoying Power now, but some of the acting initially was a little sketchy, but maybe that was just 50 Cent and his one fixed expression.

Soldato
That'd be because those who didn't like it stopped watching and, therefore, stopped commenting :D

(not kidding: read the first couple of pages of the thread.was almost wall to wall negative)

Just like in The Walking Dead thread, right? Cause no-one in there sticks around and moans about it ;)

If they only watched one or two eps (or even just the first season) then I wouldn't trust their opinion anyway. On imdb it's at 8.3/10 from 70k votes. That would suggest general opinion is it's pretty good.

**EDIT** Okay, found the thread. First 4 or 5 comments very positive, then yes, some people having watched 3 eps gave up on it. By the end of the second page and start of the third (as S1 ended) all very positive. I didn't check further, but I know as it was ending a lot of people really going to miss it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just like in The Walking Dead thread, right? Cause no-one in there sticks around and moans about it ;)

If they only watched one or two eps (or even just the first season) then I wouldn't trust their opinion anyway. On imdb it's at 8.3/10 from 70k votes. That would suggest general opinion is it's pretty good.

**EDIT** Okay, found the thread. First 4 or 5 comments very positive, then yes, some people having watched 3 eps gave up on it. By the end of the second page and start of the third (as S1 ended) all very positive. I didn't check further, but I know as it was ending a lot of people really going to miss it.
Fair enough. Different strokes for different folks.

I gave up after S2 E8. Just wasn't into it.

(I've not watched Walking Dead, nor read the thread - but isn't that series infamous for turning really crap after a couple of seasons? Black Sails, by contrast, started badly)

Back
Top Bottom