Whichs keys for FPS gaming? Arrow keys or W,A,S,D?

Soldato
As above really.

I use arrow keys and have done for 4 years but I sometimes wish I didn't so I could bind and get to more keys?? I noticed on some of the Crysis video's that the guys testing it use the W keys but this may be as all games default to this?

Whats your flavour? :cool:

Soldato
I use to use the arrow keys when the first proper 3D fps games came out, but fairly quickly I moved to w,a,s,d. It's simply more functional and a lot more ergonomic.

Soldato
wasd here. I find the layout so much easier.

Ctr = crouch
space= jump
left shift= walk/run
tab = objectives/scoreboard
r= reload
f= light when applicable
e= use/open
left mouse = fire
right mouse = scope/zoom
roller = change weapon/zoom in/out

;)

Associate
W, S, A, D. Mainly because theres so many keys arround them so use for wepon changeing etc and the arrow keys usaly have space arround them.

Man of Honour
Used to be an arrows but then I realised how quite noobish it was (and so stupidly non effective) and stard using WASD.

Seriously anybody using arrows, however brilliant or somfortable you are with them, CHANGE. I've known about 8 people that have done this and they're all much better off for it now.

Man of Honour
tweakinfreak said:
Thats my reason for starting the post, I may move over but I know it will be a nightmare for a few weeks/months!

It is just so much better, so many more keys about to do things with and they're all at least a centimetre closer than with arrows. For me it was only weird for a couple of days, it's best to try it on a game you haven't played before though otherwise your brain will be tying itself in knots.

Back
Top Bottom