Who am I? Who are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Arcade Fire said:
Carzy has stolen the prize for most interesting bio/most entertaining read. Bravo.

Aye.. fascinating read. I would suggest he edits out references to his drugs habits though, they tend to be frowned on by the mods (because its illegal and OcUK can't afford to be associated with it)

Soldato
I'm sure you can guess my name :p, so here goes.

Born in Blackpool on the 18th of November 1982, so I'm 22, following a general trend of moving northwards with the rest of my family I now live in the windswept, remote Outer Hebrides. Back to living at home with my Mum, Dad, wee sister, nephew and gran since last August after finishing my degree last year.

Stayed in Blackpool until I was about 18 months old, don't remember much of it, we used to go back every year for the illuminations. Moved with my dad's new job up to Tebay in Cumbria (50 yards from the M6, terrible TV/radio reception) and my sister was born when I was 2 1/2. Lived in Tebay for 5 years, nice place and still give it a wave on the way down south, but no real lasting memories or friendships from there. Again following my dad's job (Local government admin :o) we moved up to the Western Isles in early 1990, stayed in a crummy council house for 6 months (was 150 yards from school though) before moving into a small village where we still live today.

Usual stuff at school, I was quiet and hard-working and happy in our small group of friends (geeks I guess, but we didn't know that then). Got 7 grade 1s and 5 As in my Standard Grades and Highers which got me a place in Uni, still had a year to go at school and wasn't bothered, lack of effort showed in my final year grades, my final year at school and uni suffered from this :(.

Studied Computing Science and Maths at Aberdeen University, enjoyed it on the whole but 4th year was a real slog, I was just generally fed up of education and heading for a first after 3rd year turned into a 2:2 on graduation - probably my biggest regret.

I'd wanted to join the Navy since about 10, but after failing the interview process 3 times and seeing a few of my friends' experiences after joining up I can see it probably wasn't for me, but my time in the naval unit at university was the best bit about the whole uni experience. Currently (first job, 100% interview record) I work as a Systems Administrator for a local IT firm, my job is a mix of development, tech support and sys admin, enough variety to keep me interested, and I'm starting CCNA as an evening class at the local college in September (work is paying).

17:30 so hometime, might add some more later on :)

Soldato
Piggymon - Sinead Long ( No laughing at the back )

Born August 1979 in Gorseinon Hospital , Swansea

Mum is Suzanne ( 53 ) , Dad is Kevin ( 55 ) . Have 1 older brother Konrad ( Kamikaze_Pigeon .. 28 ) who is now living in Japan with his Wife Yuko ( JapanAir ) and their Son Kai-Rhys who is now 21 months old

I have lived in Gorseinon since the age of 4 , my Parents run a Newsagency and we moved in on my 4th Birthday .. I thought I was getting a sweet shop for my b'day :/

Enjoyed school up until Comprehensive School where I was bullied for the years .. firstly for being so small and then because I used to be a Goth

Left School in July 1995 with few scraped GCSEs and went to Swansea College to study Business ( I have no idea why I did this :p ) Dropped out after a month or so because it bored me stupid , unable to join another course until the next september I started working for my Dad catering .. It was during this time I discovered my flair for cooking and come that September I undertook a NVQ Course in Catering

August 1997 , The day before my 18th , I was involved in a car crash .. My Beloved 1st car was written off and I quite badly hurt my neck and my back .. they still bother me on occasion even 8 years later

I finished my catering course and then went to work for my Dad full time . Sadly he lost the catering contract in July 2001 and went back to concentrate on the Newsagency and I found a job working at nthell *shudders*

During the next 4 years my life had it's fair share of ups and downs .. mostly downs

I left my ex in January 2002 , I had been with him since the age of 16 , had bought a house etc but I could no longer stand the mental abuse he dished out. I was very much lacking in self esteem and self confidence since starting Comp school , He picked up on this and manipulated me . One day I snapped after he clouted me round the head. I packed my bags and went to stay with Konrad and Yuko for the next 8/9 months until he found somewhere to live and I could move back into the house we had bought ( I bought him out , he screwed me out of about £6K but I got rid of him so it was more than worth it )

I lived there for about a year or so .. I wasn't 100% happy .. I experimented with various class A drugs , I honestly had a whale of a time whilst I was away from planet earth but the comedowns got worse and worse , I started to suffer panic attacks and combined with financial worries I got myself in a right mess

I sold the house and moved back in with my Mum and Dad whilst the PiggyPad was being done. The PiggyPad was a warehouse which belonged to my Parents , I paid for the renovation and they signed the property over to me. PiggyPad was completed in August 2004 I then got a £35K Mortgage to clear my debts and for the first time I could remember I was both financially and mentally sorted

For the next few months I ambled along in life quite happily , I had confidence , I was happy with who I was and the only thing I wanted to change in my life was my Job .. Yes I was still stuck at nthell only now I had been outsourced to IBM who further outsourced all staff to Manpower so work sucked harder than a sucky thing sucking hard

18th December 2004 .. OcUK Chrimbo Meet .. and OMG what a meet this was ;) .. I clapped my ickle Piggy eyes on a gorgeous hunk of a Biker and thought WOOOOOF !!!!. Spent most of that night chatting to Desmo and he ended up staying at my place rather than the hotel which he had booked ( and no I'm not going to tell you all what went on :p )

We chatted on MSN /Email almost constantly since then and I felt myself really falling for him , even though he was 250 miles away :/ . We met up again at the OcUK Leeds Meet and this really confirmed our relationship

Since Leeds we met up at the Kent do and then back and fore to eachother's every other weekend and then every weekend

I am currently typing this from the PigmoPad in Essex where I have been all week stripping ( wallpaper ) in preperation for my move here in 2 weeks !! WOOT !

I officially finished in Nthell yesterday and am now unemployed but I am jobhunting here in Essex

I am now the happiest I can ever remember being. Although I didn't think I was missing anything previous to the age of Pigmo, I can't possibly imagine my life without my Monkeh :)

Christ I rambled a bit ... sorry :o

Soldato
Holy cathartic posts Batman!!

I admire some of you for telling your life story here, no way on God's green earth you would ever get me doing it.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Arcade Fire said:
^ No, but it seems as though details about your life are pretty scarce given that you're one of the biggest spammers here.

Uh, obviously I meant 'most prolific contributors' :/

Well no one's ever asked about my past before this thread so why bother mentioning bits and pieces when it's not relevant to the thread subject? ;)

MoratJG said:
Holy cathartic posts Batman!!

I admire some of you for telling your life story here, no way on God's green earth you would ever get me doing it.

It's like free therapy :D

Permabanned
A.k.a. Jim.

Born in Catterick Military Hospital, Yorkshire 6/3/63, as was my little brother. Shortly after this we moved to Leeming in Beds, then Geilenkirchen, then Laarbruck (both in Germany), then Honington (Suffolk), then Pitreavie (Fife), and at the age of 10 we moved to Norway for three years. Our folks decided that boarding school in this country was a better idea than moving from school to school at this age, so we flew back and forth six times a year, becoming very blase about air travel. And as we were "Unaccompanied Minors", we got on the plane first and used our time well by nicking all the little soaps and the freshen-up sachets out of the loos.:D And although Mum didn't approve, she's still using one of the little white plastic food dishes as a butter dish, and she didn't turn her nose up at some of these either.

BAspoon.jpg

Came back to the UK in '76 and lived in Staffordshire since then, except for a month out in Oman where my Dad was working at the time, and a year in London as a motorcycle courier, and my weekends in Stoke with my kids' mother. Split up from her about 7 years ago for reasons that I'm not going into, and tbqfh, once bitten, twice shy as far as that goes.

Around that time, someone who I believed was a friend and I started a small business, which went pear-shaped due to his stupidity and refusal to stick to his word. Shortly after these happened, I realised that I was overreacting way too much to little things that the kids did wrong, and I went to the doctor who said (and I quote) "You're not going mad, you're just depressed." It was such a relief to know that the problem had a name and could be dealt with that I broke down and cried like a child. And I went through three years of nothingness as a result.

The only real memory I have of that time is lying in bed, staring blankly at a white, woodchip-covered wall for days, if not weeks, on end, moving only to go to the loo or make a cuppa. I ran out of milk so often, and although I don't like my coffee black it would be days before I could summon up the get-up-and-go to go to the shop (5 mins away) and get some more. The only exception was at weekends when my three little monsters stayed with me.:) I feel that three years of my life may as well not have existed.

In the past I've worked at Alton Towers on the rides, canvassing during the Gas deregulation, and other jobs that involved a lot of contact with people in general. Now, going out among large crowds is something I find very hard to do, but it's improving. Although I didn't really *know* anyone at the Towers meet, I felt that I was among friends, and I'm bloody glad I went!

My username is a nickname from years ago, around the time I felt happiest in my own skin, and is a deliberate intention to rebuild myself.

So to everyone on these forums that I have *spoken* to, and met in RL - thank you. You have helped me along that road.

And R124/LA420: Bridgit wants to know when you're next bringing Shannon round?

Caporegime
Hi

My name is Raymond Lin - just like the forum name

Born in Hong Kong, went to a catholic school there, was really good academically when i was little, top 3 in the year. Had my first girlfriend when i was 11 in secondary school, but then after about 6 weeks, my family (just 1 younger sister) uprooted and moved to the UK. I am a British Citizen (Hong Kong being a former British Colony), and because i was born in Hong Kong, i could move back there if i wanted to, this however has never crossed my mind as all my friends are in the UK now and have never been back since i came here.

So after coming to England (Herefordshire), i went to school (not knowing a word of the language) and did my GCSE's and A-Levels like everyone else here. And did as my Dad always drilled into me and my sister, I went to Plymouth university in 1997 (just before Tony Blair came along so i had a grant all through uni). I studied Architecture (which looking back was probably a mistake) as it was my dream as a little kid to be an architect and built semi permenent structures in the world. Did the degree for 3 years, met some really nice people and had a great time, and then went back home to Hereford to work for an Architect practice for 2 years, partly to pay off my debt and for experience.

So after working I went to Brighton Uni to do my Post Grad in architecture, met some really cool people this time round too. But I never finish the course, partly because i lost interest in it, i kinda did it because for the sake of "started so i finished" but i also realise that i am not a great architect, and no matter how hard i try, i don't have the talent as some of my classmates or the interest in it as i started. I first notice it when i started to read my sister's Law books (she study law) instead of reading architecture journals/magazines.

So i quit after the first year (a decision that didn't come easy as i spent a lot of years getting where i was in Architecture, with the 2 years work experience i had under me too), and now living in Cardiff and just did a CPE (Law conversion), something that i am glad i've done, I love Law a lot more than Architecture, and actually quite good at it.

So now at 26 years old, i am still a student, somedays i think this is great, i can sleep in, but sometimes i think i should be working like my friends (the friends from plymouth uni now are fully qualified barristers and solicitors). Oh well, hopefully i'll be there, just a few years behind.

Side notes, i didn't get my first PC until i was 20, photography is my hobby, but Friends and Family is my Life. I adore my close friends, and I can cook :)

Last edited:
Oh what the hell I have a few hours to spare.

Kronologic - My friends call me... all sorts of things really. But my name is Rob.

I'm the Eldest of 4 children. 2 brothers and a sister.

When I was 3 my parents decided to move to California. I spent the best part of my childhood there. I met some really good friends and had an absolute gem of a time. but after 8 years my parents decided it was time to come home to Britain. My best friend Shaun and I had a plan to get me to stay. We knew that the NES could not be played in the UK due to TV signal and power differences. So we set about saving up the $99 that we would need to get a Nintendo. Its probably a good thing we never made it above $10 each as we would have been disappointed that our plan would have ultimately failed anyway.

Isn't it great how you think as a child. You are convinced that a $99 toy will prevent your family from moving yet your parents have thousands of dollars worth of electronic and they are still planning on moving.

So at 11 I moved back to this country (as it happens it was over my 11th birthday, I could not decide which country I wanted it in so we flew down to LA (which was on the flightplan anyway) a few days early and had 4-5 days in Disneyland and Universal studios. Then flew to Scotland to live with my grandparents for 6 weeks whilst my parents looked for a house near London.

When I started school the teachers felt I was cleaver enough not to need to be held back a year which for me was a relief because even at the age of 11 I knew that these things happened to people that moved from country to country. But what I did not expect was the 12+ exams. I has had little preparation for these and little concept of what impact they would have on me. Needless to say I did not take them too seriously and had flu on one of the days I had one (my mum was quite instant that if you are ill you still try going to school and can come home if you need to. The 12+ policy is that if your register in the morning you take the test :( )

Needless to say I failed (but not by much) I was to go to a local secondary school. I spent one year at that school and made some friends but my parents moved house again across the town so I went to a different secondary school to everyone else and lost contact.

As a result of the moving about I became a bit of an outsider. I had to pick up a whole new culture and learn about a different fashion sense etc. I also stood out because I had a strong American accent. I was able to make friends easily but I would never keep hold of them long. I either cramped their style, they moved on some other factors. I would say I was popular but more on a one to one level as opposed to in large groups.

I found secondary school education easy in general and as such I did not pay much attention in the early years and messed about a lot in class. I got a bit of a reputation as a minor trouble maker. Nothing major, just a bit of a pain.
I cruised through but under achieved in my GCSE's I got B's in all the subjects I enjoyed but anything I was not too keen on came out as a D. Ironically I got an E in IT. But that was more due to being put into an exam I had, had not tuition for.

I managed to get into a college 15 miles away and went there to do an IT course. Whilst at college I became introduced to a minor drug which I came to do in a major way. I basically spent the next 2 years high as a kite. When it came to the end of the second year I had not produced enough work to complete the course. Despite a desperate effort in the last 2 weeks I could not make up the sheer amount of work required. I had the option to stay back a year or find real work. I opted to stay back a year. But old habits die hard and I went from bad to worse. I was smoking far, far too much. I did however manage to scrape through.

It was the end of that school year the I got together with Miss K. at about the same time I gave up smoking. Later that year I got a job working as an apprentice in a Major IT firm. I spent 3 years completing my NVQ which I completed this time last year.

Miss K and I just celebrated our 5 year anniversary last month and also got engaged last October.

Soldato
Titchard - Richard

Born many donkeys years ago (so long ago donkeys were still actually evolving into said donkeys) in the grand ol' spring, May 1986.

An only child, with two great parents who have given me some great times and guidance over my life. i would say that my dad is the main reason that I am such a gadget and technology whore, as he would always be getting the latest technology and i was always playing with it, I remember the times when we got te Atari XL800, the Mega rive, the SNES, The First home PC which "was mainly for work" and was just so he could play as many war games as possible, and many other new tech inovations that he got in on at the start. my Dad is such a huge kid at heart, and I can see myself changing into him more and more every day. my mum gave me the "never just settle for "it just does"" approach to things

A kid at school who was always ridiculed for asking "why?" and not always happy with "it just does" and always the dreamer in class staring out of the window thinking of other things. until year 5/6 I was just an average kid till I got the right teacher and managed to excel in all subjects (as much as you can in primary school I suppose).

Moving upto high school and not doing as well there due to a mixture of bullying and the inability to study very well. finding my calling in all things IT and computing, which showed me the direction that I wanted to point my career.

Next I moved to College which is still the best times of my life, I manged to come out of my shell and made lots of great friends, and proved to the old guys from high school I wasn't the "geeky loser" they made me out to be (mainly because the never made an effort to find out about me). I picked up guitar while I was here, and have been playing ever since.

I have since left college and am now completing my first year of university, which was in the beginning a terrifying time for me, and after not making a lot of friends iniatially, my old high school feelings began to kick in, but then, one day while playing guitar, my Best mates Ruth and Marie pretty much stole and adopted me with a shout of "you play guitar! you like our music!!!!"

I worked for a lot of my time at Currys (3 years), making a lot of friends and becoming more and more outgoing, meeting some of my best mates there too. I am currently jobless due to uni commitments and wanting a break but also applying for the tech support job for next year at uni.

Phew! Can't really think of much more!

Rich

Soldato
doofer- Yet another Andy!

Well...you asked for it...

Okay! A little more information about yours truly, some of it may seem strange, but then again, your life would probably be strange to me too.

Born in May 1967 (Yes, I'm a bit of an old fart now) The 'doofer'; enjoyed a wonderful childhood, one of my fondest memories was the time my Mother gave me an Electric Fire to play with in the bath, or when my Father used to dangle me from the tree by a rope, I still have the marks on my neck! Oh the memories! Life was just great until...

I was sadly orphaned at the tender age of just 5 year's old, my parents were killed in an horrific 100mph car crash, which in itself is pretty bad, but even worse when you consider that I was driving the car at the time.

That left just my Brother and me to fend for ourselves, fortunately my Brother who is the 'Brains' of the Family managed to secure a position as the Head of the Biology Dept. at a local University! And from the cash we received, managed to make ends meet.

I used to love going to visit my Brother at the Biology Dept. but the Staff there got sick of me visiting all the time, they didn't like having to go into the cupboard all the time and finding the pickle-jar which contained his head, he never did look quite the same in that jar somehow, and he also went very quiet, I don't think he spoke to me once the whole time I used to visit?

From then on, things just went downhill. I started a promising Boxing career, but unfortunately had to give it all up due to Medical circumstances, I had spent that much time on the Canvas, I had developed Cauliflower Arse.

I then decide to look for a 'proper' job, but I was soon completely put-off this idea when I applied for my 'Dream Job' after an unfortunate misunderstanding outside the Local Police Station. I still think to this day that having a sign outside saying 'Man Wanted for Performing Perverted Sex Acts on Local Virgins' was very misleading; they explained that this was not an employment opportunity and let me off with a caution.

I'm kind of famous for having really bad luck, especially where women are concerned. Married three times, my first wife died tragically of an acute allergic reaction to some Mushrooms she had eaten, but seeing as we never really got on that well together, I soon got over it and met my second wife. But fate was to deal another cruel blow, by a million to one chance, my second wife was also unknowingly allergic to Mushrooms, and she too succumbed to her allergy and died.

At my second wife's funeral I met my third wife, we got on really well, until one dreadful night we had a massive argument, and in her temper she tripped as she was running down the stairs, she fell awkwardly and broke her neck in several places, killing her instantly, it was a stupid way to die really, it was just a petty argument over why she wouldn't eat the Mushroom Soup I had made her.

Soon after I decided to join the Army, but after witnessing the death of over 1000 men, I decided it wasn't for me at all, we never once went into combat, and I never really got on with the other Cook's either, they always blamed me for the Canteen Health Investigations, and were all upset at the Head Chef's sudden death, who in a strange quirk of fate was allergic to the Mushroom Soup I had made him for his Birthday.

After I left the Army, one of my many jobs was working at a Circus, I really did enjoy my time there, it was great fun! Everyone really looked after me there too; they even once bought me a Kite to fly as it was particularly windy one day when we had a fierce Electrical Storm, I always thought that was really nice of them all!

As I worked my way up through the ranks in the Circus, I was proud to be chosen as the new Lion-Tamer! The Lions ate the other Lion-Tamer one night while practising his act (I had forgotten to feed them for a few weeks..), and no one else would take the job. As I developed a good working relationship with the Lions, I hit upon the idea for a completely new type of act, which I was sure would be a massive hit with the crowds. On this particular night I decided to go 'Live' with my new act: I got the Lions' in a circle and picked out the most ferocious of the lot, I made him sit in the centre of the circle and walked up to him, the crowd was in a hushed silence as I opened the Lion's mouth, unzipped my flies and put my dick in the Lions mouth, I picked up a large wooden Mallet off the floor and hit the Lion on the head, the Lions jaw closed a fraction of an inch, the crowd screamed! It worked! The Lion didn't bite it off! The crowd went wild! Feeling confident that the stunt had gone to plan, I shouted to the applauding audience "Would anyone in the Audience like to attempt this trick?", an old woman ran forwards and said "I'll do it!" when I told her it would be physically impossible for her to attempt the stunt, she said "I can do it, don't worry son, just don't hit me so hard on the head with the Mallet...", soon after, I had to give up the act, I accidentally picked up a Fire-Axe instead of the wooden Mallet, the poor Lion will never work in show-business again.

Hope you liked it anyways ;)

Associate
Constantine - I'm Dave

I'm a huge movie and Marvel comics fan. My favourite actor is Morgan Freeman and as you may have worked out, I'm looking forward to Batman Begins in the next fortnight.

Soldato
hardkore - I'm Jack

I was born on the 6th of november 1988 and was born in lincolnshire. I lived there until i was 5 and moved to wisbech. I lived there for 9 years and im now in kings lynn and have been for the past 5 years (i think). Anyways i first stumbled on these forums whilst ordering some computer parts and eventually got sucked into this forbidden place :D .

Im now sitting my GCSE's at marshland high school and hopefully going to do well! Both my parents are still together and my sister who is 21 is due a baby in about 8 months time so im going to be a uncle :cool:

well my hobbies and interests are...
shooting
cars and motorbikes
Computers and gaming
parties

my favourite food is either chicken curry or pizza. Maybe curry pizza?

I'm 6"1 and im about 15st, build like a brick wall ;) I have green eyes and dark brown hair.

im currently un-employed and looking for a job.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Brynn - Real Name = Daniel

I was born in Sunderland on 17/09/84. However I say Newcastle, because lots of people do not know where Sunderland is. I was born with jaundice, and also i had to be forceped out, and my parents said i was -><- close to being called bruser as my name.

I moved with my parents to Aberdeen when I was 1, amazingly enough I dont remember this. but i remember when I was 5 I went to casualty on the Saturday/Sunday of the same weekend. Saturday I fell off one of the green benches in ASDA. Then on the Sunday I was walking with mum and dad on a mountain, and i slipped and chopped my fingertip off.

I remember loving watching cartoons, and Donatello from Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles was my idol, and when it said "Donatello does machines, i knew i wanted to be an Engineer"

Nothing much happened till I went to School, Didn't really pay much attention there, apart from Technology. I managed to fail Higher English, then the following year Higher Still English. So I had to write 2x3000 word Essays. The first one was about Catch - 22, and the second one was about Sour Sweet.

Left School after 6th year, and went to Aberdeen Uni to Study Electrical Engineering with Telecomunications. And at the start of uni, i met a girl, the year below me, through my church, and we started going out on 7th October 2002. She was *insanely* clever, and the opposite of me.

The year later she left school and moved to Edinburgh to study Vet. Med. We decided to stay together, as it was pointless to throw away a year of a relationship. We spoke every night on the phone. And when she didn't come up here, I went down to see her.

Leads me onto where I am now. I am currently going into my final year of my course. Not looking forward to applying for a job. Very tempted by a PhD, becuase research seems more appealing than being a net. admin (no offence :p) I am still with the same girl, 2 years almost 8 months. She will be 19 this year, and I will be 21.

Soldato
Soogs - I am Omer, cypriot turkish, age 19 I was born and raised in london (hackney) and now living in tottenham (for the last 2.5 years), finished school and college (grades were not so hot) and now working fulltime for in retail (a competitor). My hobbies are online gaming, drinking (think im an alki :o), listening to music (mainly hiphop and nu-metal tho anything usually goes in my book), sports such as footie bball badminton table tennis billiards/snooker swimming and goin clubbing, i live with my parents and sister whos 16, i am a bit of a geek when it comes to computers and other tech stuff :D i enjoy most social activities. My plans for the future are atm to start an apprenticeship as the company i work for does not seem to care much for its staff or i will rethink uni (im not much of an academic but anythings better then the situation im in right now). I got the name soogs back in 2000 when a mate of mine couldnt pronounce my surname and it stuck with me :D i am almost officially goin out with the girl of my dreams but other then that life prety much sucks :) hehe

time to turn my life around it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom