Who here owns a Mini?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
My original point was about people looking for the older model Cooper S's, not simply all mini owners. When after a nippy little old mini, why would you choose the inferior drivers car?

If you aren't after a drivers car then why at all go for an old mini S?

Man of Honour
My original point was about people looking for the older model Cooper S's, not simply all mini owners. When after a nippy little old mini, why would you choose the inferior drivers car?

If you aren't after a drivers car then why at all go for an old mini S?

If the only thing that matters is pure driving experience why buy a Mini at all? There exist other cars that are better as a pure drivers tool. The choice of a Mini therefore implies that it isn't simply pure driving thrill that appeals.

Associate
Wonder if any of you guys can help.
When I put my mini in reverse and the passenger side mirror adjusts to the kerb it points down too far.

Is there a way to adjust this and if so how?

Thanks in advance

Put it into reverse, let it dip down and then adjust it using the controls to what you want to set it to. Put it into drive/1st and let it go back up. Does it save the setting?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
FYI I picked up a mint Facelift R53 (cruise control, chrono pack etc.) with 60k on the clock for £3k about this time last year. Fun little go-kart! :)

NVP

NVP

Soldato
The R53 is smaller and lower giving it a real nimble go-kart handling style. The supercharger is more consistent as you go up the revs meaning you can always shift with more confidence knowing where your power will be. It is much more of a drivers car than the R56 Cooper S.

I suppose it all depends on what you're after, but seeing as you're changing from an mx-5 the R53 will be more of that style, just FWD.

Drive each and compare, I guarantee the R53 will put a bigger smile on your face. However, it's down to what you want and if you'd prefer the practicality of a bigger model I guess.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Thanks for taking the time to reply, will go hunting for an R53!

Were there many optional extras?
Not really.

Chrono Pack is definitely useful.
They say the Chilli Pack adds all you need but if you go for the face-lift you get an LSD as standard anyway (you can check by seeing if the toggle switch for traction is ASC rather than DSC(?))
Cruise control is beneficial for longer journeys.
Heated seats are a bit meh compared to modern ones.
You can get integrated Nav but then it screws up Chrono Pack.
Erm... not sure what else. I think some got a sub in the boot, but easy to retrofit or add your own.

Soldato
Not really.

Chrono Pack is definitely useful.
They say the Chilli Pack adds all you need but if you go for the face-lift you get an LSD as standard anyway (you can check by seeing if the toggle switch for traction is ASC rather than DSC(?))
Cruise control is beneficial for longer journeys.
Heated seats are a bit meh compared to modern ones.
You can get integrated Nav but then it screws up Chrono Pack.
Erm... not sure what else. I think some got a sub in the boot, but easy to retrofit or add your own.

Thanks man :)

Back
Top Bottom